Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking sports edition 940 turbo estate

Views : 7610

Replies : 97

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2008, 02:10   #41
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

No worries Steve. Feel free to drop me a line when the time comes.

Just something to be having a think about, as it's a fairly major decision...above 300bhp, I would suggest either a worked (£££) 8v cylinder head, or a 16v swap. Getting that sort of power from a stock 8v head involves a lot of boost and a large turbo...which can give reliability issues and lag, respectively. Up to 300bhp isn't too hard, though.

I've been in a 940 Turbo with a nice "tuned daily driver" setup (somewhere around 300bhp?)...I'll bore you with the spec another time...and it was perfectly fast enough unless you're greedy. It would hand a standard T5 its butt on a plate. A 245 is lighter, too, so it should be quicker. The next stage up involves quite a bit more money, whichever way you choose to go (T4/5/6, or 16v redblock, or 'worked over' 8v redblock).

Personally, I'd keep the power down a bit, and save myself a lot of money!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 09:25   #42
RealEstate
Master Member

Default Headlights

Do you still have the headlights? Are the reflectors any good - that's all I need?
Thanks,
Ben
RealEstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 13:18   #43
michal940se
'90 740Turbo

Hi Steve,Got the indicator today.Looks good and i hope to put it on my 940 today.Thanks.Michael.
michal940se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 16:46   #44
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

They are and from memory the head lights are very good ( nice shinny reflectors) I would be worried about separating the reflectors as if there anything like the old 200 series ones they've got those rubbish plastic clips that brake if you try and remove them. + it would leave me with the other parts which wouldn't be so attractive to others. I would be much happier to let the head lights go as one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEstate View Post
Do you still have the headlights? Are the reflectors any good - that's all I need?
Thanks,
Ben
Steve Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 16:48   #45
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal940se View Post
Hi Steve,Got the indicator today.Looks good and i hope to put it on my 940 today.Thanks.Michael.

Cool man glad it came through ok in the end. I was getting a little concerned
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 17:13   #46
RealEstate
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Curtis View Post
They are and from memory the head lights are very good ( nice shinny reflectors) I would be worried about separating the reflectors as if there anything like the old 200 series ones they've got those rubbish plastic clips that brake if you try and remove them. + it would leave me with the other parts which wouldn't be so attractive to others. I would be much happier to let the head lights go as one bit.
Steve,
The only parts of the headlight of much value are the glass lens and the main reflector if its clean and shiny. It's easy to remove - undo connectors, remove bulb covers and bulbs, unscrew 4 wiper clips along bottom, undo metal clips holding glass using screwdriver on the plastic end, lift off glass, release the 3 plastic tabs on reflector and out it comes. Perhaps you can PM me if that's of interest and you find the reflectors in good condition (I wouldn't attempt to clean the reflectors, as I did with disastrous results!)?
Many thanks,
Ben
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 16:13   #47
RealEstate
Master Member

Default Front Left Indicator

Steve,

Do you have the front left indicator ( I see the right has gone)? (Standard white/orange)

Is it in good condition?

Thanks,

Ben
BTW I found some headlamp reflectors, so hopefully now sorted.
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 12:26   #48
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

Ben. i do have the other indicator orange, white No cracks or chips. Not the shinnyest one in the world but still very useable.

NI Volvo nut. I have the headlight wiper arms for both sides. the splines are good not striped. the motors don't work but from what I can see of your post you only want the arms???
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 16:59   #49
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

Bump!!!
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 16:55   #50
RealEstate
Master Member

Default Rain strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Curtis View Post
Ben. i do have the other indicator orange, white No cracks or chips. Not the shinnyest one in the world but still very useable.
Hi,
I'm sorted with lights now thanks, but would be interested if you have a MINT driver's door rain strip, if it looks like :

Thanks,
Ben