Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 - anything to look out for?

Views : 3466

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:11   #21
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Shame about the 32.5 on the T5, not a very good unit is it you'd hope for 35-37 on a decent haul. It's doesn't even sound good it's a bit tappety, wonder if it's a Volvo unit of some collaboration. Ho-Hum
My T5 is very quiet and smooth. Too many short journeys around home, so my average is 32mpg. Long trips usually around 40mpg, unless NCP have put parking meters along the central reservation!

Definitely not tappety!
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:15   #22
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
My T5 is very quiet and smooth. Too many short journeys around home, so my average is 32mpg. Long trips usually around 40mpg, unless NCP have put parking meters along the central reservation!

Definitely not tappety!
I agree it's supremely quiet and smooth inside the cabin. Stick your head out when the engine is running and give it a little rev it's not silky smooth then. I have a 2016 V40 that's hums contently both inside and outside the cabin different lump though.

Last edited by James77; Sep 13th, 2019 at 09:17.
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:32   #23
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The VOC setup is now part of the PDI ...
Yes but some have not had it setup or the dealer could not get it to work.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:35   #24
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Yes but some have not had it setup or the dealer could not get it to work.
Well they should have had enough time to sort it out from PDI to delivery . Thats the point really ..
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 10:45   #25
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Well they should have had enough time to sort it out from PDI to delivery . Thats the point really ..
I agree
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 12:14   #26
ripstandem

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
I'm jealous of your tank having the paltry 60 litre offering. I'd have 100 litres if I could!

Shame about the 32.5 on the T5, not a very good unit is it you'd hope for 35-37 on a decent haul. It's doesn't even sound good it's a bit tappety, wonder if it's a Volvo unit of some collaboration. Ho-Hum
Surprised you saying engine tappety, just been out for listen to engine,I know engine noise is subjective, but stood next to car with engine running no tappety noises or excessive noise, will admit would sound a lot better with another cylinder or two though.
Touring Highlands, Inner Hebredes and kintyre next week, low 30s mpg there and I will be pleased. Will report back.
ripstandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2019, 14:47   #27
Rusty101

Default Originally Posted by PhilipT5 View Post Hi all, I'll be pi

Hi I just picked up my D4 in August, I have done about 1500 miles so far and have filled up twice, the range says about 650 mile at fill up but I think it was about 550 When I did fill up. Still running in so not sure of exact mileage yet. But sounds like I will get at least 45 to the gallon, and on a motorway run it shows 53.
Rusty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2019, 19:52   #28
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty101 View Post
Hi I just picked up my D4 in August, I have done about 1500 miles so far and have filled up twice, the range says about 650 mile at fill up but I think it was about 550 When I did fill up. Still running in so not sure of exact mileage yet. But sounds like I will get at least 45 to the gallon, and on a motorway run it shows 53.
stick to 60 mph and will be around 70 mpg
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 09:27   #29
Sandj

Check around the wheel arches, we had to take our new car back in june to have a new piece of trim fitted on the arch. The dealer didn't handle the repair well at all.
Luckily we spotted a large dirty mark on the interior which they cleaned off there and then, it was from them fitting the dog guard.
Open the cubbyholes between the front seats, there was a strip of glue on the plastic inside one of these spaces they removed at the three month safety checks.

I love the car but I'm hoping these are not indicative of a lack of quality.
Sandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 22:21   #30
PhilipT5

Finally picked it up today, loving it already! Got the Vodaphone sim all set up, but going back on Monday for the VOC - not sure what the issue was but they couldn't get it working.

Had a quick play with some of the settings tonight and the red "Dynamic" dials look pretty cool.

Couple of quick questions though...

*One of the menus for interior ambient lighting has a list of different colours, which bulbs is that changing as I couldn't notice any difference anywhere?

*Dipped mirrors when reversing. Is this only an option as part of a pack, doesn't seem to be a menu option for me?

Otherwise, very happy with it right now, Sunday will be sent setting up all my driver preferences!