Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Coolant

Views : 541

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 20:52   #1
nbuuifx

Default Coolant

I'm struggling a little with the coolant, I'm sure I had been told on here and read as well that the best coolant to get was/is from Volvo themselves.

So I popped into the local Volvo dealer parts department today and asked for some, but they said they haven't sold the pink stuff for years and can't even order it in any more.

They said they only sell blue stuff which they only sell in 1 litre bottles which is £7 a bottle. They said I would need to fully drain and flush the current stuff out then replace with a 50/50 mix of the blue with regular water. They said I would need 4 bottles - £28.

So first question - Is mine correct to have pink? I thought it was pink from the factory and supposedly for life?

Second question what exactly is it I need to ask for? Should they be able to order it in? Can I order it from anywhere else?

Thanks
nbuuifx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 21:12   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuuifx View Post
I'm struggling a little with the coolant, I'm sure I had been told on here and read as well that the best coolant to get was/is from Volvo themselves.

So I popped into the local Volvo dealer parts department today and asked for some, but they said they haven't sold the pink stuff for years and can't even order it in any more.

They said they only sell blue stuff which they only sell in 1 litre bottles which is £7 a bottle. They said I would need to fully drain and flush the current stuff out then replace with a 50/50 mix of the blue with regular water. They said I would need 4 bottles - £28.

So first question - Is mine correct to have pink? I thought it was pink from the factory and supposedly for life?

Second question what exactly is it I need to ask for? Should they be able to order it in? Can I order it from anywhere else?

Thanks
Firstly volvo have never used pink , ever ..

secondly 3 litres will be enough for the 4 cylinder ....

thirdly a 4 litre bottle is £17 +VAT

fourthly they should stock this but if not they get 3 deliveries a day from volvo !
They did get the mixing right though .

Try "rufus" on here for a discount there are details listed somewhere on here ..
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 22:02   #3
nbuuifx

Thanks,

I will drain and flush and replace with the blue.

I'll see if they can order in the 4L bottle.

I searched on here and found a member was selling a bottle a while ago (which sold) but is it the correct part number to ask for? http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...hlight=coolant

Part Number: 9437651

Thanks again for your help
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 22:26   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuuifx View Post
Thanks,

I will drain and flush and replace with the blue.

I'll see if they can order in the 4L bottle.

I searched on here and found a member was selling a bottle a while ago (which sold) but is it the correct part number to ask for? http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...hlight=coolant

Part Number: 9437651

Thanks again for your help
yes that is the 4 litre bottle ... All volvo coolant is the same though , just sold in 1 litre or 4 litre bottles ..the dealer should know what you need :-)
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 09:21   #5
nbuuifx

The dealer should know but unfortunately they're not the best. They openly admit to not being as good with Volvo's. The building is shared with Renault, and the Renault part is much bigger, Volvo is just a sign at the end and a handful of cars.

To be fair though they did get this right - other than saying they only do 1 Litre bottles.