Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 161016

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2017, 15:53   #1001
K5 Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
There's a market for a mini SUV (think Juke, Mokka etc) from Volvo. I for one would be interested in a high up hatchback.
They've already announced an XC40 for 2018, there was a concept shown at Geneva last year http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/co...d-geneva-debut
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 17:34   #1002
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Looks like I get to 1000!

Totally agree on the reviews aspect. Just recently changed my wifes car. Ended up with a Vauxhall Mokka. The model she chose was miles away from what the reviewers said, so much so that it could have been a different car completely. I nearly put her off it after reading 'professional' reviews but came away thinking about what total BS they wrote. She loves it.

There's a market for a mini SUV (think Juke, Mokka etc) from Volvo. I for one would be interested in a high up hatchback.
Congratulations. I nearly wrote something feeble just to be the 1,000th but then I thought the thread deserved better. Imagine bells, whistles, klaxons and fireworks going off.

I agree with all you said as well 🙌
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 19:23   #1003
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Looks like I get to 1000!

Totally agree on the reviews aspect. Just recently changed my wifes car. Ended up with a Vauxhall Mokka. The model she chose was miles away from what the reviewers said, so much so that it could have been a different car completely. I nearly put her off it after reading 'professional' reviews but came away thinking about what total BS they wrote. She loves it.

IMHO, a worthy 1,000th post in the true spirit of what this thread has become (when we're being sensible). It's become a thread about buying, changing and reviewing cars.

Grimble.... a Vauxhall Frontera you say? Crikey they truly were awful cars. Handling (both on and off road, so don't know where GM Europe tested it prior to launch - was it ever any good in space?). And unreliable too. My friend bought one brand new at the time because he liked the 4x4 thing and the looks.

I recently walked past one at an autobahn service station northbound just after Nuremberg. It caught my eye because it was early morning, freezing cold and I heard this rattling of an old diesel on tickover. And there it was, a silver Frontera with three occupants sleeping (or dead). They had left the engine on idle to keep warm (old diesels not great at that party piece) and I can tell you that Germans don't like folk doing that....... Die Grun Welt! I was surprised a passer by hadn't tapped on the window and told them to stop being responsible for the smog over the city! Germans do that, they feel a sense of collective responsibility and obey the rules (for a country that allows you to drive at any speed on their sections of unrestricted autobahn I am always amazed how German drivers obey the rules in the roadworks, even without speed cameras, and the 130kph limit more generally). Of course, I am a Brit so I didn't tap on his window because, in Britain, that would be both a crazy and mad thing to do - the occupant would get out of the Frontera and head-butt you! So, in true British style, I kept a stiff upper lip and walked right on by....

I wouldn't let the Frontera put you off, that was an unusually bad car you had there!

Anyway, congrats at 1,000 posts and tomorrow the first anniversary of an interesting thread. There's a member of the Jaguar forum who told that community of users that he had spent two weeks of bedtime reading to work his way through all 88 (at that time) pages and loved it. What a bunch we are!

Sadly, the spirit and vibe of the Jaguar forum is still trying to find its feet. It's new and it's had a few hiccups along the way - not least being a pile of disappointed folk who advance ordered 12mths prior to launch and then experienced major software issues with the cutting-edge ICTpro infotainment unit, plus other early new model launch glitches. Six months after launch and the cars were much, much better but it has left a lot of folk scarred and it's weighed heavily on the forum. These things evolve over time I guess.

Regards to all...

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; Jan 26th, 2017 at 19:32.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arianne For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 19:40   #1004
NigelDay
Premier Member

Next target to overtake is the D4 VEA thread. Currently 1482 posts (although proportionally more views) since 12th Jan 2015 !
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 20:24   #1005
xsaab
Master Member

Arianne has said he will keep in touch with this forum/thread after he has taken delivery of the car. It will be interesting to interpret his frequency of posting post Jag, if the Jag is troublesome will he keep quiet, and if it is wonderful will he tell us repeatedly.

Stay tuned ..
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xsaab For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 20:27   #1006
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Like the new XC40 due around the end of the year?

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC40.jpg (74.6 KB, 22 views)
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 20:32   #1007
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Next target to overtake is the D4 VEA thread. Currently 1482 posts (although proportionally more views) since 12th Jan 2015 !
Too ambitious. Respect the turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsaab View Post
Arianne has said he will keep in touch with this forum/thread after he has taken delivery of the car. It will be interesting to interpret his frequency of posting post Jag, if the Jag is troublesome will he keep quiet, and if it is wonderful will he tell us repeatedly.

Stay tuned ..
Have you ever wondered why everyone else's bargains in life are always 100% winners but your's don't always turn out to be the bargains you'd hoped? Why everyone else always has fab holidays but a few of yours weren't quite so good? Why the neighbour tells you his old Dacia Sandero (RRP new £5995) has never failed him, cost him a penny to maintain and he really does achieve 99mpg real-world?

Yeah right! Man, that is so annoying. People only talk about their good news stories. It's like I am the only person in the world who wins some but loses some too!

Be sure, whether that gorgeous F-Pace 3.0d S in Italian Racing Red with 700Nm of torque is good, bad or indifferent.........

......... you will know about it on this thread. And I suspect my dealer knows that too (focuses the mind a bit does that )

That's a promise!

Best wishes,

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; Jan 26th, 2017 at 20:38.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arianne For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 08:13   #1008
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Like the new XC40 due around the end of the year?

Roy
Yes, I see that Auto Express have changed the expected date in this week's issue to late 2017.

I will certainly be interested to see how big this model is compared to the current XC60.
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 12:29   #1009
Grimble
Grimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
IMHO, a worthy 1,000th post in the true spirit of what this thread has become (when we're being sensible). It's become a thread about buying, changing and reviewing cars.

Grimble.... a Vauxhall Frontera you say? Crikey they truly were awful cars. Handling (both on and off road, so don't know where GM Europe tested it prior to launch - was it ever any good in space?). And unreliable too. My friend bought one brand new at the time because he liked the 4x4 thing and the looks.

Regards to all...

Arianne
Er...no. It was a Mokka we got. Agree with you on the Frontera though, not GM's finest hour.
Old Jan 28th, 2017, 21:45   #1010
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Hi Arianne

Is this of any interest? https://www.commercialfuelsolutions....ue-5L-can.html

Roy
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan