Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1962 2 door Amazon with Full Length Sunroof

Views : 1989

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 10th, 2018, 14:40   #1
v8250

Default 1962 2 door Amazon with Full Length Sunroof

Dear All, my 1962 2 door Amazon, Agatha, is now for sale. Agatha's a little bit special as she's an original 'Swedish' right hand drive car that was imported to the UK in Oct 1988, she also has the brilliant original full length Golde/Webasto Sunroof...which makes for great driving. And being an original 'Swedish' RHD car, all the interior chrome wording is in Swedish...so the new owner brush up on their Flakt and Ljus!

The car's in very good original condition in SlateBlue #67 [which is a cracking colour] and was resprayed some 4-5 years ago, this has now nicely toned down. Since purchase last year I've completed a mass of work on her [see below]. The interior is in good clean original used condition which I had planned to completely refurb' and had bought a set of later headrest seats and rear seats with arm rest. These come with the car should the new owner want to rebuild as part of an interior upgrade.

List of work completed in the last 12 months, it's a long list, all with receipts:

New [spotlessly clean] Twin SU HS6's with stainless steel linkages [see engine bay pics below]
New K&N Filters with internal alloy stub stacks
New Stainless Steel Exhaust
Nearly new 4 Speed Overdrive Gearbox fitted [with modified propshaft and new speedometer cable]
Rebuilt rear drive shaft end float settings
New Cupronickel Brake lines and flexible hoses
New Cupronickel Clutch lines and flexible hose
New Rear Brake Cylinders
New KYB dampers and bushes
New 20mm Lower Springs and bushes
New Panhard Rod Superpro Poly Bushes
New Front ARB Superpro Poly Bushes
New Rear Spring Hangers
New Fuse Box with new fuses and spare fuse set
New Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Ignition Lead Set
New Longlife Battery
New Fuel Filter
New correct Volvo Oil Filter
Rebuilt Fuel Pump [now spotlessly clean]
New Stainless Steel Windscreen Wipers
Have had original early steel wheels [dated 04.1962] dynamically straightened
New Vredestein 165/85 Tyres
Removed F&R bumpers, buzzed back, repainted inner faces and reinstalled with new fastener sets and chrome dome bolts
New Door Rubbers and Door Seals
New Differential Cover Gasket Seal
All new fluids throughout [engine, gearbox, differential, brake and clutch][Valvoline VR1 20W50]

Plus a whole host of other small works I've part forgotten + Agatha had new inner+outer sills fitted 02.2015 by the previous owner costing £2721.50 [receipted]

Also comes with a new all season outdoor car cover.

There's a box full of component receipts, primarily from the ever helpful Simon at Brookhouse. The car will also come with a box full of other spare components that are either brand new [receipted] or good used parts that I've picked up.

For sale at £7500. This is a fair price for the car with all the above New Parts and works completed. I want the car to go to a really good new home where she'll be looked after, so if you're after an original good/used 2door Amazon that's genuinely ready-to-go this may be the one.

Rgds
Andrew
West Berkshire
T: 0118.971.0226
M: 07500.118789
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1593 - Copy.jpg (339.9 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1536 - Copy.jpg (298.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1316 - Copy.jpg (135.4 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1933 - Copy.jpg (181.0 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1934_BURST001 - Copy.jpg (197.8 KB, 139 views)
v8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 18:43   #2
v8250

Thumbs up Amazon Sold

Dear All, car sold and now with new caring owner.

A+
The Following User Says Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 19:58   #3
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Well done Andrew glad Agatha has finally got a new owner , it’s Robert here I posted on Facebook group aswell for you last week .

Was that Gudvin that bought Agatha ?

All the best until you come back to Amazon ownership

Kind regards
Robert.W

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 21:48   #4
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8250 View Post
Dear All, car sold and now with new caring owner.

A+
Thank goodness. I was v. tempted
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 23:38   #5
v8250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123GT-AMAZON View Post
Well done Andrew glad Agatha has finally got a new owner , it’s Robert here I posted on Facebook group aswell for you last week .

Was that Gudvin that bought Agatha ?

All the best until you come back to Amazon ownership

Kind regards
Robert.W
Hi Robert, sadly not Gudvin. I've been inundated with calls, guys wanting to view. The first viewer came back before second+++ viewer/s, bought Agatha and drove straight down to Brighton some 97 miles away, all on A-roads. He's reported back confirming a tremendous drive. So the old girl's gone to a very good home

PS within 20mins of seeing Agatha being driven away...a most strange feeling as if one's losing a beautiful lover...I was back on ebay and car&classic searching for Amazons! And even came across this stunning 1934 Riley http://ashridgeautomobiles.co.uk/sal...light-kestrel/

Last edited by v8250; Jun 15th, 2018 at 23:41.
The Following User Says Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 09:46   #6
Natedog

This looked like a real stunner and well worth the money, can I ask for some advice whether the sun roof was a good idea, investment or not? Some owners say they’re brilliant, some say don’t think about it, it’ll devalue the car, leak etc.

Thanks

Nath
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natedog For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 13:53   #7
v8250

Hello Nathan, I'm going to give a number of view points...

Firstly, I'm biased as I love sunroof and open top classics, especially with fully rotating quarter lights, ala the Amazon. The driving experience and fresh air flow is superb. It has simple function, works every time and, contrary to the nay sayers, they do not leak...just treat with Renovo and they are 100% waterproof.

Over the years most of my other cars have been softops, canvas sunroof and targa tops. I even insist my daily driver car has at least a full length panoramic sunroof. The current car is a Subaru Forester 2.5ltr XT which I take to the Alpes a few times a year...I drive overnight and blast the Autoroute, sunroof fully open with the stars above providing an amazing aerial backdrop. Making a classic road trip like this in the Amazon would have been a brilliant life experience.

At no point will a full length cotton/canvas sunroof devalue a car, and that includes the Amazon. In fact, it's the contrary as so fewer were made or are available today.

The only time a softop is not ideal is when the car is being used in motorsports as under these conditions some structural rigidity will be lost and should the car [read driver] decide on some upside down adventure it's good to have some metal between your head and the black stuff. On the road with a moncocoque chassis at Amazon speeds it will make no difference [providing the inner/outer sills are in tiptop condition]

Lastly, don't listen to the critics...the chances are they're either internet keyboard warriors and/or of the type who've never driven a sunroof Amazon, let alone owned one. Ultimately, go with your heart...if you want an Amazon with a sunroof, go for it...you only live once
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 16:32   #8
Natedog

Thank you
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2018, 00:59   #9
Lucien
VOC Member

Lovely looking car!
Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2018, 22:15   #10
Triple-S
How Old?

Ref V8250 and Amazon fully rotating quarter-lights, ask my daughter what she thinks about mine! When she was about 10 a bumble-bee was scooped up by the passenger one and it rammed straight onto her chest. Apart from very visibly bruising her, it went down her tee-shirt: fortunately she's not the panicking-type so didn't flap whilst I rushed into a lay-by. However when she carefully lifted her shirt it had died with the impact, but it was a whoppa so if going slower and it had lived, she might have been very severely stung.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote