Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Winter Wheel and Tyre Package

Views : 3461

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 11:20   #1
gavinsturley
Trader

Default Winter Wheel and Tyre Package

Lookers Volvo Colchester are offering 15% off Winter wheels and Tyres as the cold spell is on its way make sure you vehicle is ready for it.

Any information please contact myself on gavinsturley@lookers.co.uk with your vehicle details for a quote.

Thanks

Gavin
gavinsturley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:15   #2
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

What tyre manufacturer do Volvo use or is it dealer specific?

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 02:02   #3
volvorocks
Rodney

Cumbrianmale - Volvo (and dealers) generally use Conti or Pirelli

What prices are you offering GavinSturley - as a guide say 235/18's as per R design S60

Prices on the forum are a must.

Regards

EDIT:- tyre price alone and tyre and wheel package

Last edited by volvorocks; Nov 30th, 2012 at 02:11. Reason: foggy!!!
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 04:10   #4
tt82
Forum Support Team

Is there not too many different options to list them all? I can understand Gavin asking for people to contact him with vehicle information to obtain a price. When I have seen prices before, I'm sure their normally around the £1,000 mark.

As I have winter tyres already fitted on the front and have just ordered winter tyres for thr rear, I wont be taking up the offer. However a little more information would be helpful.

Volvo generally specify a specific winter wheel size for each model. Is the rim going to be steel or alloy? Is it possible to specify any rim available for the model as part of the package? The same with tyres. Do Volvo specify a certain brand or model of tyre? Can the customer choose their own brand and model or is there different options, ie budget, mid and premium range tyres?

I am curious to know the cost of a package for a phase 3 V70, with either 225/50R17 or 245/45R17 alloy rims fitted with Vredestein Wintrac Extreme tyres.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:19   #5
gavinsturley
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Cumbrianmale - Volvo (and dealers) generally use Conti or Pirelli

What prices are you offering GavinSturley - as a guide say 235/18's as per R design S60

Prices on the forum are a must.

Regards

EDIT:- tyre price alone and tyre and wheel package
Hello

Complete winter wheels with alloy (Fortuna) they list 3 different type's depening on Tyre's
Nokian 235/40R18 95V XL - £1281.80 + vat (retail - £1508.00 + vat)
Continental 235/40R18 95V XL - £1281.80 + vat (retail - £1508.00 + vat)
Pirelli 235/40R18 95V XL - £1281.80 + vat (retail - £1508.00 + vat)

Thanks
Gavin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gavinsturley For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:30   #6
gavinsturley
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Is there not too many different options to list them all? I can understand Gavin asking for people to contact him with vehicle information to obtain a price. When I have seen prices before, I'm sure their normally around the £1,000 mark.

As I have winter tyres already fitted on the front and have just ordered winter tyres for thr rear, I wont be taking up the offer. However a little more information would be helpful.

Volvo generally specify a specific winter wheel size for each model. Is the rim going to be steel or alloy? Is it possible to specify any rim available for the model as part of the package? The same with tyres. Do Volvo specify a certain brand or model of tyre? Can the customer choose their own brand and model or is there different options, ie budget, mid and premium range tyres?

I am curious to know the cost of a package for a phase 3 V70, with either 225/50R17 or 245/45R17 alloy rims fitted with Vredestein Wintrac Extreme tyres.
Hello

Beacuse Volvo list so many different Alloys and size's with different tyre's it is hard to list all of them for each model.
Volvo does alloys from 16" to 18" with different alloy rims, then there is the choice of which tyre Nokian, continental, Pirelli. Some of the tyres are the same size for example 18" as I have previously quoted are all the same size and price, but on another vehicles this changes.
Volvo do a steel rim package which is only available in 16" this will not fit cars with bigger caliper's.
Ones for a phase 3 V70 are as follows;
Volvo Rim is "Balder"
Nokian - 225/50 R17 98V XL - £1026.02 + vat (retail - £1207.08 + vat)
Continental - 225/50 R17 98H XL - £1026.02 + vat (retail - £1207.08 + vat)
Continental -225/50 R17 98V XL - £1026.02 + vat (retail - £1207.08 + vat)
Pirelli - 225/50 R17 98V XL - £1026.02 + vat (retail - £1207.08 + vat)

most of the time Volvo are the same price for all the packages but then there is a fair few which change.

Hope this helps

Gavin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gavinsturley For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:32   #7
gavinsturley
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
What tyre manufacturer do Volvo use or is it dealer specific?
Hello

Volvo mainly use Continental and Pirelli but they do offer Nokian tyres the prices are normally the same for the complete package, but as I have said previously its best to check before hand as it could vary.

Thanks

Gavin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavinsturley For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:39   #8
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
True, I agree,far too many to list.Just really a guide so one knows what to expect. Thought I would come in early to get a small price list posted!!

Regards
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:42   #9
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinsturley View Post
Lookers Volvo Colchester are offering 15% off Winter wheels and Tyres as the cold spell is on its way make sure you vehicle is ready for it.

Any information please contact myself on gavinsturley@lookers.co.uk with your vehicle details for a quote.

Thanks

Gavin
A quickie just to clarify.

On the figures so far quoted does one reduce these prices by 15% or is the 15% included in the stated price.

Regards
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 12:07   #10
tt82
Forum Support Team

I would imagine the first price is the discounted price, the later being the full retail price.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post: