Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Midlands Day Out and Meet ?????

Views : 1001

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 31st, 2010, 22:09   #1
jukebox

Default Midlands Day Out and Meet ?????

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you guys fancied doing a meet in the Midlands as their is always talk on here of one happening but nothing ever really happens or their is a low turnout. Rather than meeting at a car park or a pub would anyone be interested in having a day at Curborough Sprint Course as we can chat cars and watch the other cars going round the track ???? Curborough is just a smallish sprint course but good fun to go and watch as you can get pretty close to the action. They have a food van there and plenty of parking so could be an ideal venue

http://www.curborough.co.uk/curbcal.htm

There are events on most weekends but if I could get a gage of how many are interested then I can Email the club that is on and ask if it will be ok if we turn up ???? I,m pretty sure that there will be no problems as members of the public can normally just drive in and watch anyway so they would'nt begrudge some Volvo enthusiasts rocking up
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 08:21   #2
smithy
VOC Member

just an idea mate come to avon on the 11th july me and a few other volvo will be there could make a good meet of it.
smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 22:47   #3
shropamazon

Default car evening

hi i run an annual classic car evening in the north midland, being an amazon owner for over 30 years it would be great to see some classic volvos there,

The 16th annual Wharf classic car night, Thursday the 10th of June starting about 730 in the evening . is an annual get together of North Shropshire, Cheshire and north Staffs area classic car enthusiasts Volvo's,Triumps,MG’s,Austin Healeys, Morgans,TVR’s ect ect weather permitting we can get over a 100 cars there. Everyone gets a chance to judge for there favourite car of the night,
So if you are interested in classic cars and a nice pleasant evening by a quite canal side pub in the heart of Shropshire pop along everyone is welcome
The Wharf at Goldstone near Market Drayton ,shropshire
Contact simon on 01630658984
shropamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 22:36   #4
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Exclamation Midlands Day Out Nottingham

Keep an eye out for info about the Transport Rally at Ruddington , Nottingham Transport Heritage Centre on August 15th. Will be a separate posting in the next few days, plus further info in August Driver magazine.

Regards, Richard.
93240se is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93240se For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 11:35   #5
smiliemilie v40

http://www.facebook.com/search/?post...6930985&ref=ts

this is a link to the worcester and birmingham volvo owners facebook page its just being created so the more members the better
smiliemilie v40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiliemilie v40 For This Useful Post: