Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I would like to put a plug in for PGI Farnham

Views : 1867

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 11:24   #1
V70seeker

Default I would like to put a plug in for PGI Farnham

I have to say I am really happy with the garage I bought my Volvo from.
PGI in Farnham, Surrey.
Not only am I happy with the 850 I have, but also I have to say that the service I have received is really good.
After picking the car up, a couple of faults cropped up. Also, the cam belt still needed doing.
No quibbles, the belt was done, and all the faults corrected. No arguing that it's a second hand car etc.
I may have paid a little more than if I'd bought private, but the service I have received has been worth it.

Even better was that they let me take parts from a T5 they were disguarding for free!!! Bonus!!
V70seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 13:44   #2
inasnum

I bought my V40 from them - all good but they are more expensive by about £500. I was happy because they took my wreck of a car in part exchange hehe
inasnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 14:40   #3
V70seeker

Thing is I also had a car to part exchange. They did a direct swap, so I was happy!!!
V70seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 21:04   #4
Davef
VOC Member

I'd second PGI I brought my 850 from there years ago and although it was high mileage the car looked new, the radio stopped working within a couple of weeks and they changed it without question.

Dave
Davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 21:11   #5
STE-MAL
You Can't Beat A Swede

Smile

It's really great to hear something positive about a garage instead of the usual horror stories.
2017 V40 T-3 Inscription Auto
STE-MAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 17:55   #6
Swede2

Exclamation PGi Farnham in liquidation!

Sorry to disappoint you all but PGi Farnham Limited is in liquidation and a good job too, I say. I have been fighting them for two and a half years now, finally had to take them to court in February this year when I got a CCJ against them - they were ordered to pay me £4195 immediately. I have not received a penny. They had transferred all their assets and claimed to have ceased trading. Companies House were about to strike them off the register but I objected on legal advice as it is more difficult to obtain money from a company that has been struck off. They called in a liquidator in July. It appears they have been losing money for several years and hadn't filed accounts since 2003 or been paying their taxes. We are now just one of a list of creditors owed more than £110k and they claim to have no assets at all (since they "disposed" of them).

They are now trading under the name PGi Volvo Estates Limited but this company also has not filed accounts since 2003, so is probably in the same financial state as its predecessor (both companies owned by David Wilce - he is sole director of PGi Volvo Estates and was co-director with his wife of PGi Farnham). This company ALSO is about to be struck off by Companies House.

This is not slander but fact, although no doubt "someone" will sign on here and try to make out that it isn't true, as happened on the Volvo Performance Forum where you can read other horror stories about this company and the man who ran it.

He lied to the Volvo Performance Forum
He lied to the Judge at the hearing
He lied to the Farnham Herald when I gave them the story, claiming the company closed down "because a director left".

All this aside, the company concealed a fault on a car they sold us, which lasted for less than 10 weeks before having to be taken back to the workshop on a transporter requiring work and parts amounting to more than we paid for the car, refusing to pay anything towards the repair, after two YEARS finally promising to fix it and have it MOTd within six weeks and not doing so and then getting the workshop to threaten us that they would dump the partially dismantled car (with no MOT or insurance or road tax - and no way of obtaining it in that state) on the road outside our property.

Nice company to do business with - NOT!

Please see this post as the warning it is to you potential customers out there. Search PGi on the other forum - there are many stories and others have taken them to Court.

They were also being investigated by Surrey Trading Standards, which you can check for yourself by calling them. Also the DTI is investigating.

Check the company names on the Companies House site and you will see I am telling the truth.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/78...essCompanyInfo

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...t=19140&page=3
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/show...?t=2346&page=4

Yes it's true - I DO have a grudge against them, but they DO owe me over £4,000 by COURT ORDER - which is actually a lot less than we are out of pocket but we couldn't afford the fees to sue for the full amount. If they are looking at this I will say again - when they pay up I will stop posting about them and writing letters about them. I WANT to put the whole thing behind me and never hear the names PGi or Wilce again.

Please be warned.
Swede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 18:02   #7
JIM C
Forum Support Team

I find it all very interesting. Good for you to keep up the action for that length of time when many would have given up. The time and effort you must have put in must have been mega. The hassle is what I object to.
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 18:39   #8
Swede2

I have no choice - I can't afford to lose the money! The car has now been scrapped and I will be paying for it for quite some time. What else could I do but keep trying?
Swede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 17:37   #9
spankyspangler

Default PGI Problems

My girlfriend and I have purchased cars from PGI. the first was purchased by her and at the time of purchase the car was sold with no sticker over the odometer (mileage) to demonstrate the car does not have guaranteed mileage. A few months later i happened to look through the documents that came with the car and noticed a few errors in the old MOT certificates. After many calls to MOT test centres found that the odometer had been changed, the result was that the car had done 27k more miles than stated.
Proving this to the satisfaction of the courts is difficult. I am not pretending that PGI transfered the odometer but they sure as hell told us that it had a full service history, how did they know that unless they looked through the vehicles documents, and if they did then they would have seen that the only documents were the MOT test certificates.

Second car, Solictor involved, enough said!

N.B. Check all documents prior to purchase (PGI like to use the 'all documents for this car are securely held at our head office')i.e. you can't see them till you pick the car up!
No car that is sold by a forecourt garage can sell a car 'sold as seen' this is deemed illegal, call trading standards to check!
Warranty is not with a 3rd party this means if they go bust which companies house suggests they are you will not be covered.
The PGI service center is not part of the same group as the sales side so again if you think that they will cover any costs they will not, why because they don't legally have to.
spankyspangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 20:39   #10
s60ben
Master Member

PGI has been bust and run under different Ltd. Company names more times than dicks shady garage round the corner has.....

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote