Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

745 Turbo 1989 115k

Views : 1266

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:33   #1
JCL

Default 745 Turbo 1989 115k

I dipped a toe in the water last year with the sale of my car but changed my mind in the end. However, my works 'salary sacrifice new car scheme package' is just too good to turn down and my requirements are now for a complete peace of mind, long distance, pan-euro towing vehicle and a new 'Mondeo Estate Cdti' or an SUV (car on stilts!) beckons me. Therefore, sadly my excellent 745. Turbo Intercooler will be photographed and listed on here and perhaps EBay or CarandClassic this week.

In the meantime any questions please fire away.

Jon

Ps if any of you browsed my images the last time I marketed it I have removed the horrid DIY window film tint and had the half dozen small finger type dents removed and the car now looks great, factory original bar the jetex.

Last edited by JCL; Nov 21st, 2016 at 14:10.
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 16:00   #2
S40D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
I dipped a toe in the water last year with the sale of my car but changed my mind in the end. However, my works 'salary sacrifice new car scheme package' is just too good to turn down and my requirements are now for a complete peace of mind, long distance, pan-euro towing vehicle and a new 'Mondeo Estate Cdti' or an SUV (car on stilts!) beckons me. Therefore, sadly my excellent 745. Turbo Intercooler will be photographed and listed on here and perhaps EBay or CarandClassic this week.

In the meantime any questions please fire away.

Jon

Ps if any of you browsed my images the last time I marketed it I have removed the horrid DIY window film tint and had the half dozen small finger type dents removed and the car now looks great, factory original bar the jetex.
Love to see this car now that your are local - a friend keeps seeing it in Holywood and remarking on it.
S40D Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 16:18   #3
JCL

Hahaha, does he? Is he into RWD Volvo's himself or just knows that you are and mentions said sighting?!

Yes me and mine live in Bangor now having moved a long way North from the IOW. This is our only car and has been for four years but only gets used once or twice a week when my wife drives the 50 mile motorway round trip commute to Antrim Hospital. We cycle locally. Therefore, your friend must see it at the various traffic lights through Holywood.

Hang in there, I will photograph it tomorrow (wife has it today for that commute) and broadcast ASAP. I will need a wide angled lense for the original owners pack, service book, main dealer tick sheets that support the service book and all subsequent receipts etc during my ownership.

Thanks for that amusing response.

Jon
Ps. Had two calls directly to my mobile asking if it's an auto. Afraid not folks, it's a 4speed manual with overdrive. Full details to follow tomorrow.

Last edited by JCL; Nov 21st, 2016 at 16:28.
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 18:09   #4
S40D Sport

Quote:
Hahaha, does he? Is he into RWD Volvo's himself or just knows that you are and mentions said sighting?!

Yes me and mine live in Bangor now having moved a long way North from the IOW. This is our only car and has been for four years but only gets used once or twice a week when my wife drives the 50 mile motorway round trip commute to Antrim Hospital. We cycle locally. Therefore, your friend must see it at the various traffic lights through Holywood.

Hang in there, I will photograph it tomorrow (wife has it today for that commute) and broadcast ASAP. I will need a wide angled lense for the original owners pack, service book, main dealer tick sheets that support the service book and all subsequent receipts etc during my ownership.

Thanks for that amusing response.

Jon
Ps. Had two calls directly to my mobile asking if it's an auto. Afraid not folks, it's a 4speed manual with overdrive. Full details to follow tomorrow.
Ha he works on the main street so must be! No he just knows I'm into them!

Look forward to the pics. I actually have to go to Bangor on wednesday if we could work something.
S40D Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 18:21   #5
JCL

Absolutely, come take a peek! I leave for a flight to London at 17.00 so anytime before then I'm free. You'll have the images and details of history, provenance, condition etc etc before then anyway which may or may not help.

Jon

Ps does your friend work at the garage/workshop/valet on the main lights there? A few weeks ago a saw a pair of 740 estates in light blue parked there and hoped to see them again and stop and be nosey but never did. Any connection?

Last edited by JCL; Nov 21st, 2016 at 18:44.
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 21:45   #6
Tom7

I'm looking forward to pictures, is the car in Bangor then?
Tom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 21:52   #7
JCL

Yes Tom it is, ie a very long way from East Sussex! However, I work in London twice a month and do drive it there sometimes. Anyhow, full advert tomorrow evening.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 10:29   #8
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

I've seen this car and can vouch for it's condition, if it where an Auto it wouldn't be for sale any more, it would be on my drive!!

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NI_Volvo_Nut For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 20:59   #9
JCL

Default Photo bucket album of many images.

Username: Jonathanl2
Password: 745turbo

Enjoy!
Jon
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 15:12   #10
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Default looks great

Quote:
Username: Jonathanl2
Password: 745turbo