Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 740 GL Estate Beast 82K - £550ono

Views : 4842

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2009, 16:25   #1
JCsS

Default Volvo 740 GL Estate Beast 82K - £550ono

Hi All,

Here we have a legendary car for sale, only owned by myself briefly for a couple of months;

Other than me there has been 2 owners, the first being volvo as a demo car the second owner owned it for approximately 21 Years!... THis is reflected by the amazing condition of this beast.

Basics are;

PRICE £500 ono

82k (Yes 82k!!) Lots & Lots of paperwork to prove
10 Months MOT
4/5 Months Tax
2.0L Manual Estate
New Exhaust recently installed
Two new rear tyres
Car currently has a Double DIN DVD Player installed with iPod Connection, will come with this if price is right, otherwise a sony flip down Minidisc will be installed (also with iPod Connection)
3 Cigarette lighter conversion
5 Seats + Two rear facing seats!
All original metal hubcaps in place
Spare key just been cut
Rear speakers installed into doors (all hidden)
Sony speaker installed infront doors, but can put back to standard very easily.

Very little rust what so ever, can't stress how clean this car is. Only piece of rust i could find was a bubbling by the sun roof

Bad Bits,

Aforementioned Rust.
Slight car park scratches around car, (expected for car of this age!)
Slight rippling to the bonnet, where people have been laying on it!
Slight paint patination to bonnet (really barely noticable, but worth a mention - just a perfectionist!)
Needs a new roof lining, fine as is however existing one was ripped out

Reason for sale is that this car was bought to travel around France & Spain for Two weeks carrying 5 lads and all there luggage, travelling to the Bull Run in Pamplona, the South of France, Benicassim music festival, Barcelona & Paris, covering a total of 2500 miles. The car did not miss a beat on the whole trip, not even using any water or oil, i was trully astonished!!.. Pretty much sat at 80-90 very comfortably all the way!

I wouldn't even hesitate to do the same journey again next week, it really is that reliable

The car also has many stickers on, predominately from JAGERMEISTER who were very kind and sent us lots of stickers and other bits and bobs before we went. All stickers are easily removeable.

Car located in SE London BR5 1 postcode! Tel (Jon) 07843258484

JCsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 13:38   #2
JCsS

No interest at all?... Comments/Opinions appreciated guys!
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 14:09   #3
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Ive read your description and seen the photos and TBH the poor Volvo looks rather, er ... tacky.

With no rooflining, having all those stickers all over the bodywork and being in 'that' red plastic dash and pinstripe combination I don't think there's going to be a great level of interest.

Perhaps if you reshoot the car, this time after you remove the stickers then you might find more positive replies.

Oh and the price for a good'clean early 740 w/o the problems your one carries wouldn't be what you're asking so I think you'll be needing to drop the price a fair whack. I paid less than half what you're asking over 18 months ago so I'd say you're looking at around £200-250 tops, unless you're going to fit the rooflining yourself.

Fee free to check autotrader or ebay if you want to confirm this as so.

Just my two'pennorth.

Charles
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 14:44   #4
JCsS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson View Post
Ive read your description and seen the photos and TBH the poor Volvo looks rather, er ... tacky.

With no rooflining, having all those stickers all over the bodywork and being in 'that' red plastic dash and pinstripe combination I don't think there's going to be a great level of interest.

Perhaps if you reshoot the car, this time after you remove the stickers then you might find more positive replies.

Oh and the price for a good'clean early 740 w/o the problems your one carries wouldn't be what you're asking so I think you'll be needing to drop the price a fair whack. I paid less than half what you're asking over 18 months ago so I'd say you're looking at around £200-250 tops, unless you're going to fit the rooflining yourself.

Fee free to check autotrader or ebay if you want to confirm this as so.

Just my two'pennorth.

Charles
Cheers for the comments Charles, maybe i was a little adventurous with the pricing.... Didn't quite realise how cheap these were going for even in good nick.

Shall head back and remove the stickers etc, fair comment on the tackyness it does look pretty lame, not being helped by the ghastly interior!..headlining really does need sorting out aswell!

Thanks Again!

Jon
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 14:48   #5
James_N
VOC Member

Before getting my dad to help me fix mine! (his skills are better than mine!) I debted breaking it, as its probably worth more in bits. If you could be bothered, the same could probably be said for yours.

Lights, Engine and engine bits (alternator etc), Interior (seats, door cards etc), wheels, grill etc

Probably get more for it in bits if you had the time / patience to break it.

Last edited by James_N; Aug 18th, 2009 at 14:51.
James_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 02:11   #6
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Yup, replacing the lining is a pig AFAIK. A few people have tried to replace the stick on liner with the later moulded version, don't know how well it goes though.

I'd suggest just selling it as is - there's a lot of upside down work to be done to get only a few pounds more.

Just an idea

Charles
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 10:33   #7
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson View Post
Yup, replacing the lining is a pig AFAIK.
Which probably explains why mine has been out for a few months now!

My dad is giving me a hand at the weekend to re-fit it!