Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Best Nappa Leather cleaner / care

Views : 3412

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 17:34   #11
Giles11

I read in one of these leather care threads that the VOLVO cream is repackaged IKEA leather cream. Has anyone actually used the IKEA cream ?
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 18:21   #12
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
I read in one of these leather care threads that the VOLVO cream is repackaged IKEA leather cream. Has anyone actually used the IKEA cream ?
The IKEA 'Absorb' leather care isn't on the UK website anymore. Shame, especially as it still seems available in some other markets.
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 18:43   #13
mdmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
Yes, it works well. Actually, the package is identical to that of Volvo.
mdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmd For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 21:30   #14
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
Yes, it works well. Actually, the package is identical to that of Volvo.
So, available in Spain, but not the UK? Perhaps Ikea are preparing us for Brexit

It would be good to find out who is making it for both Volvo and Ikea.

Last edited by macklij; Sep 22nd, 2018 at 21:34.
macklij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 13:16   #15
ehp

I bought some from Ikea Edinburgh not that long ago. As mdmd says, the packaging is identical and it's half the price of the Volvo one.

Ed
The Following User Says Thank You to ehp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2020, 10:09   #16
DriverDen

Default Jeans

Does anyone have problems with the blue colour transferring from Jeans to leather seats?

I have a some feint blue marks on my seats that don't come off after cleaning with Volvo Leather cleaning kit or Auto Glym leather cleaning kit.
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 13:15   #17
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Try Dr Leather - first their cleaner, then their 'Dye Block' product, should prevent it happening again.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 21:39   #18
buttpt

The first question you need to ask, is the car new( ie new leather seats or not)?

This will determine if you need to protect old leather, or are you trying to look after new leather car seats "from today" ?

Read this link about leather...
https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips...ther-care.html

I was researching on how to look after new leather car seats. Stop stains, keep it's blonde colour from discolouring etc.

You will note that all new leather seats come coated with a plastic coating.

I decided to go for the clear ceramic coating route. I chose the Gyeon Q2 Leathershield. Applied it very easy and no issues. Put two coats on. Ceramic protective coatings have UV protection as well.

If on the other hand, your car is not new, then you may be looking to put some cream products into the leather to enrich it etc. I will need to start researching this in say 6 to 12 moths time, after they start to show some wear.

As a note, I found in my research that ceramic products covered a lot of my wish list for protecting my new XC60 from top to bottom; the alloys, the exterior paint work, the leather seats and all the hard surfaces inside; dash, plastics, even the headlights to stop UV damage.

Hope this helps.