Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selling my 4mth old xc60

Views : 4493

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2014, 07:54   #11
Crockers
Premier Member

Sorry to read your wife's health problems. I do wish you all the best and hope you sell it for a fair price to you. What car are you looking to buy in its place?
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 08:30   #12
XCeed

Shame you feel you have to sell what looks like a lovely car. I am sure people will be interested, but possibly not that many, and even fewer at that price. You have to ask why anyone would be prepared to deal with you when they could enjoy the various safeguards of the more usual outlets.
I am surprised at your reasoning re hip - personally can't think of a better car for hip complaints - high/comfy seat, plenty of support, width and leg room!
Anyway, best of luck with the sale...
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 09:02   #13
Crockers
Premier Member

Have you considered adding running boards to ease access etc ?
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 12:18   #14
Mr-V70

Its certainly worth a go selling it privately but I would be surprised if anyone would be prepared to spend that sort of money buying a car privately.

I think your best bet would be to negotiate the sale of the car with the dealer who you are buying the replacement from.

Good luck.
1993 440 1.8l - Sold
Mr-V70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 18:24   #15
woodchipandrew

Thanks for all the comments, one thing I can't quite understand is why people are put off from buying private especially a car of this age.
I understand the HPI thing but you can get finance from the likes of tesco etc thease days and one phone call to volvo uk would say the car is a uk car with volvo warranty and road side assistance untill Dec 2016, as for price I thought is was fair as a asking price.
The reason the volvo doesn't suit my wifes hips are that the driving position is to much like a car ie: your legs are fairly straight so we hope to return to land rover which has a more elevated driving position even though realibility wont be as good.
woodchipandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 19:25   #16
tj101c70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
and even then 2nd hand market for nearly new cars is basically non existant,
Really !!
Would be very interested to know what you base that statement on

woodchipandrew If your car is priced right, you will find a buyer, as been said, if that buyer needs finance, there are plenty of good deals on line etc,,
Only problem i can see, is most will want to part exchange their current vehicle, and not be in a position to be an outright cash buyer

Good luck with the sale
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 22:11   #17
Crockers
Premier Member

Won't a LR dealer give you a decent p/x. ??
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 22:47   #18
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj101c70 View Post
Really !!
Would be very interested to know what you base that statement on

woodchipandrew If your car is priced right, you will find a buyer, as been said, if that buyer needs finance, there are plenty of good deals on line etc,,
Only problem i can see, is most will want to part exchange their current vehicle, and not be in a position to be an outright cash buyer

Good luck with the sale
I was referring to the private sale of nearly new cars, plenty of demand for bargains on pre registered, and the 6 month stuff that if circulated,

I would guess OP is after more than net trade in value, which would probably be around 3-5k off his asking price, there is for those that buy new cars the 'prestige' of a brand new car, and those that are willing to take something nearly new if the saving is great enough, but it has to be an acceptable drop below best haggled price (often a 30 quid train ticket to a dealer 200 miles away, to save ££££)

over 99.1% of nearly new and cars under a year old are listed as trade sales, and several of that 0.9% will be trade

can't do a search down to 6mths, but number of private sales (excluding Cat C,Cat D's and those that are clearly photographed in dealer show rooms/forecourts) is tiny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg autotrader new.jpg (81.1 KB, 9 views)
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 22:48   #19
woodchipandrew

Spoke to a vauxhall dealer today as he had a discovery 4 for sale or at least he did untill last night someone smashed the side window and stole the headlights and front grill, this seams to now be a very common thing now with LR it kind of puts me off going back to them. Another dealer offered me 26k against a used 36k range rover,he said that was the best volvo dealers would offer him.
He also said that no body wants a bronze car now they want silver or blue or black blaa blaa blaa !.
Would consider a new xc90 but i dont know when they are out or what the driving position would be like.
woodchipandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 23:26   #20
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchipandrew View Post
Spoke to a vauxhall dealer today as he had a discovery 4 for sale or at least he did untill last night someone smashed the side window and stole the headlights and front grill, this seams to now be a very common thing now with LR it kind of puts me off going back to them. Another dealer offered me 26k against a used 36k range rover,he said that was the best volvo dealers would offer him.
He also said that no body wants a bronze car now they want silver or blue or black blaa blaa blaa !.
Would consider a new xc90 but i dont know when they are out or what the driving position would be like.
I would guess We Buy any car would add somewhere towards a couple of grand to that offer
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote