Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Continental driving with bi-xenon active lights

Views : 38584

Replies : 211

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:57   #191
Crockers
Premier Member

Don't you mean LHD?
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 18:25   #192
drabsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Don't you mean LHD?
Thanks for reply.
If I good remember in menu Light Settings there was option Temporary RH traffic. I have been testing it few months ago when i bought this car. Now this option gone.
I have seen other posts (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=185791) about no need to change light pattern in new 2014 XC60 but my xc60 is 2011 model and it doesn't have driver support pack.
drabsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 11:02   #193
Mike H

Smile Great News

Just had a call from my Volvo Dealer, the software update has just been released to all the Temporary RH feature to remain live until cancelled! 4 years of battle with Volvo UK and the end is in sight!
Mike H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike H For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 19:28   #194
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
Just had a call from my Volvo Dealer, the software update has just been released to all the Temporary RH feature to remain live until cancelled! 4 years of battle with Volvo UK and the end is in sight!
Can you confirm that the software update works?
After having XC90's and an early XC60 that had no problem staying selected to RH beam, I am planning to go back to active bendy lights when ordering my next V60.
I travel in Europe at least four times each year and at the moment I have to keep masking the lights, a right pain in the backside.

Thank you.

ten.
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 10:17   #195
Mike H

Tem, the update worked and everything is fine now. I understand from my dealer that it does not apply to MY14 as the new bendy lights do not require to be adjusted for LH/RH driving, not sure how this works but it's what they say!

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike H For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 13:09   #196
Zigster

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call my local dealer and ask them when they can update my XC60.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 19:34   #197
Zigster

Had a mid-service safety inspection today, which included updating the software.

Thanks for the heads up - I asked them to update the software so that Temp RH Traffic stays on, and it appears to have worked (as far as I can tell without blinding local drivers).

Coupled with the Nokian WR3 SUVs fitted today, I think I'm about ready for my Feb ski trip to the Alps.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 18:26   #198
Milky74

Unhappy

I just had service and asked dealer to upgrade CEM, however after trying the update the lights reverted back to LH after turning car off.
I went back to the dealer and they contacted factory who have advised that software applies only to cars made after MY 10 week 9. Mine is MY 10 week 1 !!! pretty stuffed now as I have no active bendy light button only menu option. I have asked dealer to disable DRL so at least I can turn them off during the day when abroad.
Milky74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 09:41   #199
Mike H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky74 View Post
I just had service and asked dealer to upgrade CEM, however after trying the update the lights reverted back to LH after turning car off.
I went back to the dealer and they contacted factory who have advised that software applies only to cars made after MY 10 week 9. Mine is MY 10 week 1 !!! pretty stuffed now as I have no active bendy light button only menu option. I have asked dealer to disable DRL so at least I can turn them off during the day when abroad.
What a bummer
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 17:56   #200
Lippy r design

Does anyone know if the update has a number or is it only for Dealers in the UK, my Dealer here in the Netherlands has no idea of this. (i am living here for anothe 6 months)
Vespa PX 2004
Vespa PX 1978
Lippy r design is offline   Reply With Quote