Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MTE Stage 1 Remap done

Views : 1951

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 26th, 2011, 14:36   #1
DSK
C70 T5

Default MTE Stage 1 Remap done

Had my S70R Automatic equipped with the MTE Stage 1 remap (with 1st gear torque limit) today during the T5D5 bruntingthorpe tuning day. Was a great to meet some new faces and spend a good day there.

Having read the various threads across VOC and T5D5 about mapping, I made the decision, long ago that the MTE remap without question features the quality that I am always looking for.

Once Marco had finished, Tim took the helm and I sat back and relaxed as we did a couple of laps of Bruntingthorpe. Initially, from the passenger seat it didn't feel much different at all but at the top end there was a distinct difference I could see which was, the car pulling confidently all the way upto the red line without tailing off anywhere in the rev range. Also with the track being wider than the road and being a passenger, I couldn't really appreciate any difference lower down or on part throttle. However on the way home, taking in small towns/villages, tight country lanes, carrigeways and motorways the post MTE differences became apparent.

The car clearly has more torque across the entire rev range so responds and accelerates more effortlessly across the entire rev range. At the top end, where its known for these cars (and other remaps) to run out of puff, this pulls confidently and consistently right the way to the red line. The MTE map doesn't feel ferocious or out of control or with peaky parts, its just a very smooth, sublime, progressive, controlled surge from rest all the way round. Now this has not only enhanced the power and torque but has also ensured the car remains 100% driveable under all conditions. So you can get the power down with confidence and accuracy under any conditions and be assured of consistent and sustained performance each and everytime. In the real world, on real roads, this works amazingly well.

Highly recommended map and service

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Last edited by DSK; May 26th, 2011 at 15:07.
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DSK For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2011, 17:25   #2
jonnyv
Master Member

Smile

Hi DSK,

Hoping for that on the 850 T5 sometime not too far ahead. Sounds really good so be looking forward to hearing more about it as weeks go by.

Cheers,

Jon
jonnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 17:27   #3
t5frankie
Master Member

what psi you boosting at now?
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 17:39   #4
DSK
C70 T5

I don't look at the boost gauge but from memory, it holds 1.0bar solid and peaks (automatic) at 1.2 bar. Not sure what that is in psi.

The quoted figures, for my S70R automatics application are 270bhp and 405Nm torque. Coupled with the fact I had all engine management sensors replaced, actuator correct set, thorough stage 0, PCV done and lots of other bits even though many of these things and others did not need doing, the car is genuinely factory fresh.

I am aware of RICA and BSR with claimed higher outputs (was going to go with BSR for the C70 but when I asked for a few simple answer to simple questions BSR had a very poor customer attitude and couldn't tell me my their map is worth £600 and how/what is done to achieve the claimed outputs) but I have also seen the datalogging values of RICA and MTE on an another members car and lets just say, I wouldn't trust anything but MTE for 'quality'.

If anyone is considering an MTE remap and is around my area, I would be happy to offer a passenger ride and explain the differences in the performance.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Last edited by DSK; May 26th, 2011 at 18:55.
Old May 26th, 2011, 17:52   #5
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I don't look at the boost gauge but from memory, it holds 1.0bar solid and peaks (automatic) at 1.2 bar. Not sure what that is in psi.

The quoted figures, for my S70R automatics application are 270bhp and 405Nm torque. Coupled with the fact I had all engine management sensors replaced, actuator correct set, thorough stage 0, PCV done and lost of other bits even though many of these things and others did not need doing, the car was genuinely factory fresh.

I am aware of RICA and BSR with claimed higher outputs (was going to go with BSR for the C70 but when I asked for a few simple answer to simple questions BSR had a very poor customer attitude and couldn't tell me my their map is worth £600 and how/what is done to achieve the claimed outputs) but I have also seen the datalogging values of RICA and MTE on an another members car and lets just say, I would trust anything but MTE for 'quality'.

If anyone is considering an MTE remap and is around my area, I would be happy to offer a passenger ride and explain the differences in the performance.
one bar + 14.5 psi and 1.2 is 17.4 so thats quite a good result, and don't look at any quoted remap figures they are all rubbish each company trying to outdo each other 270bhp seems about right though for 15psi, i'm thinking about a custom map from mte for my 19t
Old May 26th, 2011, 18:08   #6
DSK
C70 T5

I agree about quoted figures. You just have to read up on the different maps and choose what suits you.

RICA and BSR couldn't/refused to answer simple questions when I queried the quality of the maps, MTE were spot on and didn't have a pushy sales manner, just gave me the answers to what I asked

With the custom maps, that's what MTE were doing at Bruntinghthorpe, just see the T5D5 forum for details - there's some SERIOUS performance Volvo's over there! As with Badgerbox's detailed experience with custom maps, RICA (previously) and then MTE, the quality and service of MTE is in a class of its own.

You need to spend some time on T5D5 perhaps just reading up/asking about the custom mapping.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
Old May 26th, 2011, 18:32   #7
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I agree about quoted figures. You just have to read up on the different maps and choose what suits you.

RICA and BSR couldn't/refused to answer simple questions when I queried the quality of the maps, MTE were spot on and didn't have a pushy sales manner, just gave me the answers to what I asked

With the custom maps, that's what MTE were doing at Bruntinghthorpe, just see the T5D5 forum for details - there's some SERIOUS performance Volvo's over there! As with Badgerbox's detailed experience with custom maps, RICA (previously) and then MTE, the quality and service of MTE is in a class of its own.

You need to spend some time on T5D5 perhaps just reading up/asking about the custom mapping.
no mate i'm a vpc man myself lol
Old May 26th, 2011, 18:35   #8
DSK
C70 T5

Not been on VPC so can't comment what info is on there.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
The Following User Says Thank You to DSK For This Useful Post: