Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo diagnostics -map of members that can help

Views : 361029

Replies : 414

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 26th, 2015, 21:30   #181
Clairesnez26

Hi all I'm in Leeds and we are needing a DICE diagnostic on my 54 plate Volvo XC90 d5. We have recently had the yellow warning triangle with a message of urgent engine service required, the car also went into limp mode. We have since had a filter replaced and the car seems to be running ok. Our mechanic has a generic reader. Is it worth paying for a DICE diagnosis? If so does anyone know how much it cost and where in leeds does it?
Clairesnez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2015, 21:54   #182
c_lee
VOC26332

Arrow

Anyone??
I recommended Claire to the forum after a short discussion on one of the Facebook groups for caravaning.

Hi Claire,
Welcome to the forum.

Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairesnez26 View Post
Hi all I'm in Leeds and we are needing a DICE diagnostic on my 54 plate Volvo XC90 d5. We have recently had the yellow warning triangle with a message of urgent engine service required, the car also went into limp mode. We have since had a filter replaced and the car seems to be running ok. Our mechanic has a generic reader. Is it worth paying for a DICE diagnosis? If so does anyone know how much it cost and where in leeds does it?
Old Dec 12th, 2015, 18:15   #183
Backo

VIDA/DICE available on the Isle Of Wight

Cheers
Backo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2015, 16:04   #184
V70dingo
New V70 owner

Default i have vida in the pa postcode

i have a copy of vida if anyone with in the PA post code of scotland ,,,, if you dont ask ,you dint get
V70dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 10:40   #185
Mike 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 63 View Post
Hi
New to the forum, can any body help with the following issues on my V70Mk 2 estate
1) Alarm system service required (No bothered about this)
2) Bulb failure position light (not bothered about this)
3) Emission system service required (No performance issues, but would like to clear this)
4) SRS airbag service urgent (this appeared after removal of rear seat back to fix fuel leak between filler neck and fuel tank (repaired) and I believe this is an MOT failure?

Located in Warrington,Cheshire

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Mike
Hi
Still looking for help on these issues from anyone in the Warrington area that can help?

MOT due in mid February

Mike
Mike 63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2016, 16:32   #186
Mike 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 63 View Post
Hi
Still looking for help on these issues from anyone in the Warrington area that can help?

MOT due in mid February

Mike
Hi
I have received a PM from a member on Wirral.
I cannot reply direct as a new member cannot PM with less than 30 posts, so if you do not mind PM me again with some contact details please.

Mike
Mike 63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 14:55   #187
Mac2

Default help needed from Boran in Silver End

I have recently changed the NiMh battery in my 2006 plate V70 alarm siren in the hope that it would get rid of the "Alarm system service required" message.

The alarm and siren work just fine but the message is still there. The nearest help to me is Boran in Silver End Essex. I cannot pm Boran as I haven't postedc30 posts yet. So hoping Boran can contact me (or indeed anyone else in north Essex that can help)

Thanks
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 22:15   #188
Mac2

Default Can anyone contact Boran?

Can someone please contact Boranin silver end and get him to contact me please? I believe my only hope is to find someone with a volvo v70 code reader that will delete the Alarm System Service required message. Anyone near north Essex that can help for a reasonable price?
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 19:55   #189
Mac2

Default 26 Posts to go until I can get help?

I am probably misunderstanding something - but I think the idea of this map is to provide a list of folk that are willing to provide "code reading" or diagnostics to other cash strapped Volvo owners for free (or at least for a nominal charge). Is this correct? Well I need someone that is nearby that can do that but because I haven't posted 30 posts I can't PM anyone on the map! Can someone give me that PM capability on request - or must I keep posting to get it? I am sure I just need someone to clear my codes to get rid of my Alarm System Service Required message! My siren works fine and the alarm works as expected. The siren has a new NiMh battery - so all indeed is a code deleted. Help please!!
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 21:41   #190
Mac2

Default Is anyone reading this?

Still looking for help with clearing codes. Anyone in Essex able to help?