Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 87597

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2019, 17:07   #191
acme15

Hi All,

I have a 2001 S60, it didn't come with the phone module from factory, however I have one sitting here... My question is, is the wiring in-place behind the cup-holder slot for me to be able to plug it in, or am I out of luck?

It has premium audio and an auto dipping mirror which looks to have a microphone in it.

Last edited by acme15; Apr 8th, 2019 at 17:10.
acme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 19:04   #192
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i also have a good news for those who are waiting for PHM upgrade for XC90/P1/P3 models. the first few boards for development will be available untill a month. if all ok then we can start with serial production. after that i am going to create a new thread focused to these models.

the module will be devided into 2 parts. the main will support only bluetooth HF and with the second (extension) board will be available to listen music (2 types at beginning: AUX or FM transmitter with RDS).

first pictures of the new module:
Hi Marek

I have a XC90 P2 (MY2009)
There is no XC90 P1
The P2 XC90 was made from 2003 - 2014
The P3 XC90 was made from 2015 onwards

My P2 has the original Volvo fixed phone, 900/1800 GSM, (2G) which will be switched off in my country in 2 years time.
The original phone is a Autoliv Electronics P1B

I'm also an electronics engineer myself... you are doing great work!
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 20:12   #193
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomS80 View Post
Nice!

I'm still very satisfied with the module.
I noticed on the datasheet of the chip supplier that it supports aptx. Does the module itself also support this? Most new Android phones already support aptx and i'm curious if the module already supports this automatically
if you want aptx then you have to buy the module (i mean wt32i) with aptx license. it is a little more expensive. if you have not aptx license on wt32i then it is not possible to buy it separately. so only thing how to update is to buy new wt32i module (for example from Mouser).
but:
- wt32i is the most expensive part on the bluetotoh module
- solder wt32i properly requires quite a lot of experience (you need hot air from top and even from bottom, ...) because pads are not from side but from bottom.

and to be honest:
if engine is on and you drive then the noise level is so high that it is probably not possible to recognize.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 20:26   #194
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesse View Post
Hello Marek,

Some people from the groupbuy report issues with audio quality (both headset as well as audio streaming). Could it be that the Y-cable (Melbus splitter) might cause issues? I will test to see if it makes any difference, but since I have no issues myself it would be difficult to detect.

I would also be interested in any aptX update...
regarding phone calls then each car is individual. some are too quiet, some too loud (for example mine is too quiet). applies to microphone and even speaker separately. the worst to set up is microphone gain. after instalation everybody should make test calls and if not ok then change it and repeat (start from the 1).

regarding the music:
if somebody has problem with audio quality and it is not happends on CD or Radio and "Y" cable is used then it can be the reason. i would recommend to remove "Y" cable and connect module directly to the radio (just for testing, even if other things are temporary disabled).
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 20:30   #195
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruderoc View Post
I bought an unused P2V2, revision F from a Dutch user who couldn't find the time/energy to build it in.

I removed R130 and R131, build it into my PHM, but I have no sound.

Everything seems to work, I hear beeping tones through my headrest speaker when I scroll through the menu options, and my HU-803 goes silent when I start a call, but there is no audio. My phone and Ipad are recognized and I can control them through the menu's.

Unfortunately when I was getting ready to update firmware via bluetooth (which perhaps could have solved the problem), coincidentily I had the infamous 'please wait' message, without even starting any updates, which is perhaps weird on its own, as I didn't start messing around with it yet.

Anyway, I sorted that problem by updating firmware and boatloader via the USB port as described on our fellow Norwegian website and now awaiting the license file (as it has been reset due the firmware upload) from Marek.

However, during the 1 minute I have before it disconnects my phone (due lack of licence file) unfortunately still no audio.

My current setup is:

-2004 V70R
-HU-803
-Premium audio system
-RTI
-Imiv classic connected to RTI cd-reader and functions under MD-player.
-I have no splitter; so I left all connectors as is.

Both in CD mode (both modes) and MD mode (1,2,3) no audio.
I disconnected the plug from the cd-changer from the back of the HU-803, but no joy.

Am I making a mistake, do I need to set something up, or just a dodgy card?
I am not interested in RTI, so if I need to unplug/deactivate the RTI to make sound work without the splitter, more than happy to.

Thanks,

Rene
i have already received your email. so let's figure it via emails . we have to start from scratch.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 20:35   #196
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme15 View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2001 S60, it didn't come with the phone module from factory, however I have one sitting here... My question is, is the wiring in-place behind the cup-holder slot for me to be able to plug it in, or am I out of luck?

It has premium audio and an auto dipping mirror which looks to have a microphone in it.
it is not so easy to implement PHM into the car if not assembled from factory. in this case i would recommend you to use some standalone device just connected just to the radio.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 20:41   #197
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Hi Marek

I have a XC90 P2 (MY2009)
There is no XC90 P1
The P2 XC90 was made from 2003 - 2014
The P3 XC90 was made from 2015 onwards

My P2 has the original Volvo fixed phone, 900/1800 GSM, (2G) which will be switched off in my country in 2 years time.
The original phone is a Autoliv Electronics P1B

I'm also an electronics engineer myself... you are doing great work!
XC90/P1/P3 means this :
- XC90 (P2)
- P1 platform (S40, C70II, V50, C30)
- P3 platform (S80,V70,XC70)

these cars use the same PHM.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 21:49   #198
bruderoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i have already received your email. so let's figure it via emails . we have to start from scratch.
Got it, thanks, just replied. I am sure we find the fault/mistake and a solution!

Cheers.
bruderoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2019, 16:11   #199
O B Bommel

Hi Marek,

As a proud owner of two of your modules for both my V70’s I have a guestion. One of the BT modules is no longer working fine (please wait message) and I have double checked if the PHM is broke or not. It works fine so I thought I would upload another bootloader and I did. Now I get the module to work fine for a minute or so as it needs the license file. Could you connect with me per mail (edwin.steennis AT gmail.com) so I can reply with the photo of the code? Thanks

(Sorry to hijack this thread but as a new member I cannot send PM directly yet to Marek as he is one of the administrators)

Regards,
Edwin

Proud owner of a MY06 V70 2.4 and a MY06 V70 BiFuel
O B Bommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 09:57   #200
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by O B Bommel View Post
Hi Marek,

As a proud owner of two of your modules for both my V70’s I have a guestion. One of the BT modules is no longer working fine (please wait message) and I have double checked if the PHM is broke or not. It works fine so I thought I would upload another bootloader and I did. Now I get the module to work fine for a minute or so as it needs the license file. Could you connect with me per mail (edwin.steennis AT gmail.com) so I can reply with the photo of the code? Thanks

(Sorry to hijack this thread but as a new member I cannot send PM directly yet to Marek as he is one of the administrators)

Regards,
Edwin

Proud owner of a MY06 V70 2.4 and a MY06 V70 BiFuel
i have send you an email.

for everybody who are not able to send me a PM then you contact me via "bluetooth <AT> volvocesky.cz"

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio