Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Inscription seat comfort

Views : 3142

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2019, 11:52   #11
dling

I was thinking to go the same path. Any particular model you would recommend?
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 14:06   #12
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dling View Post
I was thinking to go the same path. Any particular model you would recommend?
We got ours gel seats from Costco, they are a bit hard when cold but fine when they get warm.
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 14:48   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Humans are always complaining... to be honest i don't get it...come on people just decide once and for all.
i remember some time ago reading a thread where someone complained about R-Design seats and how uncomfortable they were, because of their design and i even remember someone saying that people would sat on them and not in them.
Inscription seats were better and way more comfortable.

Now i read here people saying inscription seats are uncomfortable. So... what's going to be?
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 03:43   #14
volvocat

Now on my second V90CC which, as far as I know has the same type of seats as V90 Inscription and XC60 Inscription (perforated nappa with extensions) - and they are super-comfortable, at least as good as all the seats in several XC70s and a previous model XC60.
Now, I don’t know if you’d consider this a fair comparison: but, soon after getting the first V90CC, it had to go back to the dealer for a couple of days for some minor ‘adjustments’ (another story but nothing dramatic) and they loaned me an XC60 Inscription with what appeared to be identical seats, but it was noticeably different in the comfort department! My wife felt similar in the passenger seat. I noticed a slight ridge under the thighs which adjusting the extension did not fix and it was slightly lumpy under the back pocket area. Not unbearable but would certainly have been annoying long-term. I had the car for a couple days and drove a good few hundred miles in it, so a reasonable period for assessment.
The only difference was that the XC60 had the massage function so maybe the moving bolsters (or whatever they are) were part of the problem but operating the function did not change anything.
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 07:57   #15
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocat View Post
Now on my second V90CC which, as far as I know has the same type of seats as V90 Inscription and XC60 Inscription (perforated nappa with extensions) - and they are super-comfortable, at least as good as all the seats in several XC70s and a previous model XC60.
Now, I don’t know if you’d consider this a fair comparison: but, soon after getting the first V90CC, it had to go back to the dealer for a couple of days for some minor ‘adjustments’ (another story but nothing dramatic) and they loaned me an XC60 Inscription with what appeared to be identical seats, but it was noticeably different in the comfort department! My wife felt similar in the passenger seat. I noticed a slight ridge under the thighs which adjusting the extension did not fix and it was slightly lumpy under the back pocket area. Not unbearable but would certainly have been annoying long-term. I had the car for a couple days and drove a good few hundred miles in it, so a reasonable period for assessment.
The only difference was that the XC60 had the massage function so maybe the moving bolsters (or whatever they are) were part of the problem but operating the function did not change anything.
That's very interesting, ours is back in next week as the side bolsters keep going down after about 20 minutes and Volvo has asked them to look at our seats again but I am sure they will come back and say there is nothing wrong with them. We have been told that we are unable to replace the seats with a different type.
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 15:16   #16
Begonia

I was fearful I was going to end up sitting on 'a shelf' because I hadn't checked up on it when I ordered my new car.

But NO!

My Inscription XC90 does have seat extensions and both my passenger and I find the front seats extremely comfortable.

Begonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 22:59   #17
dling

would it be weird if I ask you how tall are you and how much you weight? my theory is that this is noticeable by taller people
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 23:01   #18
mdmd

Quote:
Hi forum,
Bringing back to life this old thread. The OP correctly describes how I feel.
I have the XC60 since 9 months now and already drove it for more than 9000 miles. I don't remember the name of the seats, but I guess they are the most expensive one (inscription + napa + ventilation + massage).
Especially on longer journey I feel like I would have something in my pockets. It is very uncomfortable exactly before the gap that is created when the extension is out, but regardless of the extensions position.
My fried has exactly the same seats. He does not feel the pain, but I feel it in both cars. There is a hight difference of about 8 inches between us (I'm the taller one)... I guess that could explain it

Anyone else felt this? Any advices or guides on how to correctly adjust the sear position based on your body size?

Thanks!
totally agree with you, and with the original post. My seats are also the most expensive ones, but definitely less comfortable than others cheaper.
Old Dec 11th, 2019, 02:15   #19
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresco85 View Post
That's very interesting, ours is back in next week as the side bolsters keep going down after about 20 minutes and Volvo has asked them to look at our seats again but I am sure they will come back and say there is nothing wrong with them. We have been told that we are unable to replace the seats with a different type.
I haven’t noticed the side bolsters changing of their own accord but can’t say I’ve adjusted them much since first getting the car, so will pay more attention to them just in case!
As to not fitting a different seat, I take what Volvo UK say with a pinch of salt. I know there’s the added complication of software compatibility these days but when you consider many of these cars come off the same production line where many permutations are possible, including market variations, I just think it’s cos they currently have a fixation with keeping models to standard ‘as built’ specs, possibly to keep warranty claims simpler for their own convenience.
For example (and please excuse me soapboxing!), I wanted paddle shifters which are now standard only on most R-Design models in the UK but not CC, but I’ve pretty much established could easily be fitted to others if they’d just permit it, especially as they are available on the CC in other markets (LHD & RHD). But no, it is not allowed because it would be a variation from standard - not an explanation but a lame justification for a bit of control-freakery - unless anyone knows definitively to the contrary.
So I reckon you could theoretically have different (standard leather/non-pro) seats, if Volvo UK would be more obliging, but that’s not very likely. ☹️
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 08:54   #20
Tresco85

Quote:
would it be weird if I ask you how tall are you and how much you weight? my theory is that this is noticeable by taller people
Sorry forgot to reply, I am about 5' 11" and 11stone 13.