Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Auto stop start

Views : 3623

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2019, 23:38   #1
Geordiesteve

Default Auto stop start

Well guys,
Picked the car up tonight. 19 plate V90 R design D4 winter pack convenience pack in ice white, which I didn't realise until tonight is a pearlescent. Looks lovely.

Amazed with the pilot assist coming back up the A1, and while I'm bound to have LOADS of nooby questions (here's my first ones lol.

The pilot assist seems to slightly favour the left hand side of the lane, and while it tracks perfectly I assume this is to do with the radar?
Secondly - the auto start stop. I've got it selected but in 2.5 hrs of driving it never came on?
I've tried it with the selection unselected and with it selected, but it's never came on either way?

Once I get to grips with the tech I will have loads more to ask too 😊
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 00:39   #2
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Congratulations on your new car. If you have the pearlescent finish it is 707 Crystal White, a £1000 colour, bonus.

On Pilot Assist I find mine too tends to be on the left of the lane so it is probably working as intended.

Stop Start has to meet a lot of different parameters for it to work, also as I understand there is a separate battery for the system so it may need time to charge up.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 08:41   #3
Zebra
Chief of Staff

Hi Geordiesteve

Congratulations. Yes the Pilot assist tends to favour the left side of the lane but you will get used to it and stop trying to correct it.

The start stop should have the little A symbol in the right dial of the dashboard. This changes colour depending on availability, activity and has a line through it when it operates.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...t-stop-symbols

Do you have that symbol in your dash?

Zebra

V40 D2 R-Design Nav Plus MY2017, 18" wheels, winter pack.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 10:11   #4
Steve XC60
Structural member

Re stop/start, my guess is what Mike said, the car might have sat for a while and so the battery will need charging to get back to within the operational parameters. Give it a few hundred miles, including a few decent length 50mile+ trips and if it is still not working then I would go back.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 10:27   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
Well guys,
Picked the car up tonight. 19 plate V90 R design D4 winter pack convenience pack in ice white, which I didn't realise until tonight is a pearlescent. Looks lovely.

Amazed with the pilot assist coming back up the A1, and while I'm bound to have LOADS of nooby questions (here's my first ones lol.

The pilot assist seems to slightly favour the left hand side of the lane, and while it tracks perfectly I assume this is to do with the radar?
Secondly - the auto start stop. I've got it selected but in 2.5 hrs of driving it never came on?
I've tried it with the selection unselected and with it selected, but it's never came on either way?

Pilot assist does look as though it is to the left of the lane from the drivers position, this is the same on all, there have been several threads posted on this, I thought mine was too far to the left but my wife sat in the passenger seat said it looked more to the right, so I think it must be in the middle of the lane. It is a bit closer to other vehicles than we would normally be when overtaking.

Stop start: if the car has not been used for a while it may just be the battery is a bit low, the stop start will not operate if the battery is below a factory preset level, if after long run it still does not work you may have a battery problem, if you have a smart charger suitable for AMG batteries charge the batteries using the engine bay charge point connectors and see if it works then and how long it keeps working. (Or get the dealer to charge it)
I and several others have had faulty batteries that were ok starting the car but never held enough charge to work stop start, I used to have to charge mine with a battery charger to get SS to work but it would only last several days before SS stopped working.
After a replacement battery under warranty it has worked perfectly ever since.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Nov 30th, 2019 at 10:30.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 11:36   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
Well guys,

stop/start doesn't work if the temperature outside is near freezing , read the owner's manual for the other list of situations where it will not work ...
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 12:17   #7
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
stop/start doesn't work if the temperature outside is near freezing , read the owner's manual for the other list of situations where it will not work ...

Well, this morning was 0 degrees and after 5min of driving the S/S start working.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 12:53   #8
volvo s60 2001

So I decided to put all the conditions from the owner's manual when the S/S should be working and when shouldn't to make some owners life easier 😉
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 13:44   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
So I decided to put all the conditions from the owner's manual when the S/S should be working and when shouldn't to make some owners life easier 😉
They have lowered the cold temperature cut off from the older model I see.
It makes you wonder if it will ever work looking at all those exemptions 🙄
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 19:32   #10
warwick

My stop / start took some time to become fully operational following collection of car once the car had completed a few hundred miles it has been OK.
warwick is offline   Reply With Quote