Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

vida help

Views : 1848

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 20:30   #11
Fika

I'm assuming you're running VIDA within a VM- do you have a "fresh"/unchanged VM with which to play around with? It might be that some configs within the older VM itself changed that might have caused issues.
Fika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 20:52   #12
hodge911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fika View Post
I'm assuming you're running VIDA within a VM- do you have a "fresh"/unchanged VM with which to play around with? It might be that some configs within the older VM itself changed that might have caused issues.
sorry for my ignorance ... i dont know what a VM is ?
i bought what i have from a forum member [ i think he also bought it off here]
what i have is a linx 10" tablet with removable keyboard , a dice with obd lead and a usb to dice lead , a charging usb lead and a vida disc . i have found and tried this from an old thread on here but it hasnt worked.
it worked fine the first couple of times i tried it on my car but not since i used it as a stand alone [not connected to my car] to get information on the cylinder head .

old thread ;
burgess
Apr 25th, 2017, 04:42
If "No communication tool" problem, when you open 2014D Volvo Vida Dice software, you can follow these steps to solve it.

Step1. Press the Windows key + R at the same time, input "regidit" to open the regidit program of Windows.

Step2. Open these folders: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"? "SOFTWARE" ? "Wow6432Node" ? "Microsoft" ? ".NETFramework"

Step3. Right click ".NETFramework" folder, and choose "New"? "DWORD (32-bit) Value"

Step4. Rename the new value to "EnableIEHosting", right click"EnableIEHosting" and choose "Modify".

Step5. Input value date: 00000001, then click "OK".

See:
http://blog.cardiag.co.uk/how-to-fix...nication-tool/

Start Vida 2014D and DiCE info should appear top left corner.

Burgess
hodge911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 22:46   #13
JohnL

the usb port connection can be an issue sometimes,
I connect the usb to the to the computer before I turn on 'Vida all in one', I don't connect to the car yet,
When you have logged into vida, you should see the next screen with 'start tab' in greyed out, on the screen you should have 2 headings
Define vehicle profile
and perform computer settings

Choose define vehicle profile,

Next screen 'vehicle profile' is greyed

Top left, 'communication tool', there should be a number in that box, with Dice infront of number, there is a dropdown arrow at the side, click that and see if that produces a number, if not, at the side click on Dice configuration. That should then connect the computer to the dice box.
(if there is a number in that box you should be good to go each time)

connect the obd cable to the car plug

If you have connected to the same car before, click the radio button in the 'Latest identified vehicles' with the correct serial number, and click ok.

That is the process I do, if you can do this first and then tell us what happens.

Sometimes have to connect the usb cable a couple of times to the computer to get the software to recognise the Dice.

I can use my vida as stand alone, doesnt change any of the settings.

Failing that doesnt work I would go back to the guy you bought the kit from, my version runs on W7 professional, I didnt think it worked on W10?, may be wrong,

John
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 01:42   #14
Fika

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Failing that doesnt work I would go back to the guy you bought the kit from, my version runs on W7 professional, I didnt think it worked on W10?, may be wrong,

John
I have a Win10 VM with 2014D installed on it that I've used to read a Volvo without any issues so far, so it should be possible.

VM (virtual machine): you are basically running on your own PC, a simulation of another PC. Someone else installed VIDA on their Win10 machine successfully, and I've been lazy and used their "machine" on my machine.
Fika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 10:27   #15
hodge911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
the usb port connection can be an issue sometimes,
I connect the usb to the to the computer before I turn on 'Vida all in one', I don't connect to the car yet,
When you have logged into vida, you should see the next screen with 'start tab' in greyed out, on the screen you should have 2 headings
Define vehicle profile
and perform computer settings

Choose define vehicle profile,

Next screen 'vehicle profile' is greyed

Top left, 'communication tool', there should be a number in that box, with Dice infront of number, there is a dropdown arrow at the side, click that and see if that produces a number, if not, at the side click on Dice configuration. That should then connect the computer to the dice box.
(if there is a number in that box you should be good to go each time)

connect the obd cable to the car plug

If you have connected to the same car before, click the radio button in the 'Latest identified vehicles' with the correct serial number, and click ok.

That is the process I do, if you can do this first and then tell us what happens.

Sometimes have to connect the usb cable a couple of times to the computer to get the software to recognise the Dice.

I can use my vida as stand alone, doesnt change any of the settings.

John
Tried that but all I get in the box that used to say dice along with some numbers is empty with a little black X in it please see pictures .
Its the same when I press the radio button for my vehicle
hodge911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 14:22   #16
kdst5

Here what I did a couple of weeks back when I had the same problem after a fresh install http://blog.cardiagtool.co.uk/how-to...nication-tool/ However that was Windows 7 not windows 10. Don't forget to restart the computer after the change.
kdst5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2022, 11:21   #17
ferdinotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge911 View Post
sorry for my ignorance ... i dont know what a VM is ?
i bought what i have from a forum member [ i think he also bought it off here]
what i have is a linx 10" tablet with removable keyboard , a dice with obd lead and a usb to dice lead , a charging usb lead and a vida disc . i have found and tried this from an old thread on here but it hasnt worked.
it worked fine the first couple of times i tried it on my car but not since i used it as a stand alone [not connected to my car] to get information on the cylinder head .

old thread ;
burgess
Apr 25th, 2017, 04:42
If "No communication tool" problem, when you open 2014D Volvo Vida Dice software, you can follow these steps to solve it.

Step1. Press the Windows key + R at the same time, input "regidit" to open the regidit program of Windows.

Step2. Open these folders: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"? "SOFTWARE" ? "Wow6432Node" ? "Microsoft" ? ".NETFramework"

Step3. Right click ".NETFramework" folder, and choose "New"? "DWORD (32-bit) Value"

Step4. Rename the new value to "EnableIEHosting", right click"EnableIEHosting" and choose "Modify".

Step5. Input value date: 00000001, then click "OK".

See:
http://blog.cardiag.co.uk/how-to-fix...nication-tool/

Start Vida 2014D and DiCE info should appear top left corner.

Burgess
I had this problem and it's solved with this method.

Big thank's, 5 years later !
ferdinotch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ferdinotch For This Useful Post: