Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

Views : 449971

Replies : 857

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 21st, 2008, 15:38   #1
Rufe
TRADER

Arrow FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

My name is Simon and I have worked in the parts department at FRF Motors (a Volvo main dealer) for the best part of the last 10 years. I actually worked in a Nissan dealership parts department for a couple of years before here, selling parts. I have a genuine interest in cars and modifying, involving spending many weekends over the years at various meets and events of every type, camping or staying at most of the tracks around the country for various things. Luckily for me, my partner (lottie) is 100% as keen on cars as i am, belonging to many forums herself, and has allways been happy to join me.

I feel that the fact I have been a fairly big user of many forums over the last 5 or 6 years all helps me provide the service that I would expect to get if i was on the buying side of the equation. Main delaers tend to have a bad name i find, (sometimes it is justified of course, but not all times) and it can feel like an uphill batte at times trying to convince people that not everyone at every dealership is the enemy.

Working in a Volvo main dealer and being a big fourm user meant that eventualy the two came together. First of all i was allways able to offer any help or adivce that i could from the systems i use daily. Then i would sometimes get asked how much i could supply a certain part for, and i would sell a part here or there, though this then quickly snowballed in the amount that i was supplying through mail order, where today it is pretty much a full time job for me. I have the full backing for what I do, from the rest of the parts team in the dealership, though i tend to handle 99% of the enquiries myself. If you send me a message on this or any other site i use0 or to the email, it will allways be myself who is replying to you.

Over the years I have supplied countless parts to internet forum users, all of which have been given the maximum discount by us which varies from part to part. I take the cost price then add a small percentage to that price to hopefully make it the best possible price you will find for the genuine item, even after postage is added generally we will be cheaper than getting it locally. I haven't used gimmicks, I simply give the best possible price at all times.

I would like to add that I personaly have no financial gain from this, i do not make anything extra from this service, (as i have been asked on a few occassions). For me it really is a case of piles of extra work... lol (honest!) but i enjoy doing it and enjoy being able to provide this service to fellow volvo owners.

During normal office hours I am almost always available for help or to give prices for parts although I may not be able to reply to you outside working hours.

Please use this link for all of your parts enquiries:

Link Removed. Please read This post...

and I will always reply at the first possible opportunity.

All quotes given will show the full Volvo retail price, the discounted price you will pay and the cost of postage clearly. I take the service we provide here (to all internet users) very seriously with it getting my priority at all times.

Please continue to use this thread to leave any feedback for our services, it all helps me to be able to continue with what I have been doing for longer I suppose!

Thanks to everyone who has used us past, present and future!

Many thanks

Simon

EDIT:

Important: Please Read the following...

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *

Last edited by CTCNetwork; May 6th, 2011 at 21:19. Reason: Amending Post as requested by OP
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 197 Users Say Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
240cruiser, 240T, 60'sPetrolHead, 960kg, a1use, AcidicDavey, Adman, After thought, AlainBrighton, AlanV, alex7127, alfieboy, Andru, Andy Northface, andybird, andym1603, andyv40turbo, andy_d, ants, ar84, ASt85, Aveton Gifford, Axionknight, azibux1, Backo, Baffler, bar72, Bawheid, benf, Bhowani 2, BigT, Bill Garner, Biotoxic, BlAdEAnGeL, blairs40, BlueRubber, BlueStag, Bobzilla, br1anuk, Bracpan, Brucat, BTI, CharlesStevenson, chb, chelle_belle, chomerly, Christerart, christheancient, CJL, clarkesta, coaster22, coldfield, crazy4alfa, cumbrianmale, D5Gill, Darth Vol, davidjeremy123, Dazgdi, DBAS, dcwales, deckrat1, deet5r, Dennis61, dieseldo, Dirty Diesel, dme123, doingitsideways, draghstone, DSB Cheshire, DWM, ebo, elgrecouk, ericbeaumont, ermenzegna, filsdelle, foggyjames, FossilFish, frazz, Freelancer, fwoofy, Garvan, gary austin, gdphillips, Georgey dee, GJB, gowerboy, greyv70, GSOKR, HAPPY ANGLER, Harvey172, huron, iainmd, Ian21401, indigolemon, Irh007, irishcarfan, Jack Spaniel, JamesV70R, jasons6930, jaybrown, JD.7, Jerm66, JIM C, jjkenya, johnjb, jonneycorner, JRS80, Just Drive, Karl Bobs D5, kennygd, Kentish479, kentishroman, kev240, kimican, kitejumper, kkul, KNT544, krussel, Laney760, Lee '71, littleflower, LJD, Lucien, Mandalorianwolf, MartinPorter, mauser1905, mhon72, Mike Stephenson, milkman, morphinemitt, mr tickle, Munro83, myolcuu, neanderthal, Nick0, Nick44, Ningr01, noscralc, Old Bean, OldBlueVolvo, OvlovS70, Paul240480, petax, Peter V70 D5, Peter29, philrocks, plc143, Pozzouk, R-P, Railman69, Richardkimber, rnlisg, Ross1985, Rossi-fan, sarumboy, saturnuranus, scooter79, scorcher, Scott Stephen, scr8pdo, shetaabco, SkipjackUK, Smudger73, Sofa King Lazy, sorted, Speedy, Spirit Man, Stephen2015, Steve 940, steve howes, Stu Smith, stuartpratlett, SwedishVillain, switcher, swprugby, The Hooded Claw, Thom12, TomKlan, Toplights, topofthestack, tractorman5720, triggerhippie, tt82, twilightflyer, Udy, uknowiama, v70cd, vagmuncher, Veefor, volpete, Volvo2002, VolvoS4, vorlon7, warninglight, windy millar, wise old monkey, xco
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 16:07   #2
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

lol....

The matter of gaining approval for your company to post as commercial posters is in hand Simon.....I am currently awaiting instructions.....

I for one can highly recomend the service provided by FRF.....and Rufe.....

Cheers
Jod
The Following User Says Thank You to Jod T5 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 18:30   #3
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

I have purchased parts from FRF via Rufe a number of times, and would certainly recommend them to other folks.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 18:35   #4
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Like James and many others I have purchased bits off Simon and found him and his colleagues to be very helpful,parts are delivery very quickly and at minimum cost.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 19:00   #5
Hezi
VOC Member

Smile

Hi

I dealt with the guys at FRF (Rufe was having a day off "slacker" lol ) on the phone proffesional and very helpfull.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 19:25   #6
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Simon and his colleagues set a new benchmark for customer service; as Tina said, "Simply the Best!"

Nick.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 19:36   #7
saufboy

The ONLY place to by genuine Volvo parts, i have bought most of my parts here with huge discounts for forum members and wouldnt go anywhere else, so i will highly recommend FRF and the big fella.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 19:57   #8
Terminator
VOC Member

Simon is a top man; knowledgeable, with very competitive discounted prices and excellent customer service.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 20:00   #9
dob
addicted to the 855R

I personally would not go anywhere else for Volvo parts. Rufe is always willing to help and the service is second to none. Even with the postage which is normally next day the savings are huge.
THANKS MATE
Dob
dob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 21:20   #10
Yosser
Gizza job - I can do that

I agree with all the previous +ve comments.

I have bought genuine parts from Rufe/FRF a few times and will always turn to them 1st for genuine bits in the future.

Thanks Rufe.

Tags
discounted parts, frf, genuine parts, good service, mail order, simon, volvo parts