Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196314

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:18   #151
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
Tried that today with Milton for my wife's MX5 but even with discount for second car the premium was very close to renewal offer and we'd lose multiple policy discount from the provider. So sorry, no.

The error was my fault for misunderstanding the question regarding proof of NCD.
Maybe next year then.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:22   #152
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Just got my quote for my S80 today from Kath. Renewal due middle of August and i have not received any quotes from anyone else yet but the quote I received today is very good and there is a very, very good chance that I will be taking you up on it. I have just renewed my 960 insurance elsewhere and it is a pity I did not speak to you first. We live and learn.
Remember that the club benefits from every policy sold to a member. We realise we have to be there on price as well as service but we give a large % of our earnings from your policy back to the club to help keep membership costs down and to cover club expenses.

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 23:56   #153
Dibble
VOC Member

I honestly don't think any other company will come close to your quote but I will wait and see. However, as the Club gains out of this as well then I am sure I will be taking up your offer. I will let you know what the other companies are offering.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 11:38   #154
Westyman
VOC Member

TBH I wish I hadn't swapped to VOC insurance. Owing to a misunderstanding when discussing no claim years I ended up just a few pence less than the Volvo Owners insurance through RSA and they did free courtesy car cover that VOC charge for. Think it'll be back to VO next year.
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 16:53   #155
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Hopefully our goodwill gesture has offset some of the disappointment you felt?

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 13:28   #156
paul3346

Default Pleasant surprise!!

Insurance for my '06 xc70 expires Nov 4. Present insurers 'RIAS' today quoted me £533.52. Max no claims, fully comp, protected. Thought I would check around. Contacted SAGA,(yes, I am a coffin dodger!) quoted £317.26. Thought this was a really good quote and was very tempted.
As a laugh, thought I would contact Chris Knotts through our pages. Explained quotes etc and asked for their best.
This came through at £293.96!! This was with exactly the same insurance company (AGEAS) as quoted by RIAS.
These quotations are based on exactly the same info given to each provider.
All I can say is that the service given seems excellent and very courteous. Thanks to Milton for his time!

Paul...............
paul3346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 13:32   #157
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Thanks for the feedback Paul. We're genuinely grateful for your business.

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 13:47   #158
exporters

Hi Chris Nott,

Could you please let me have the 'reference found in my signature' you mentioned at the end of your CN sales contribution [as extract below]. I must need a different pair of specs since I can't see one!

Many thanks

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!
exporters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 13:53   #159
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporters View Post
Hi Chris Nott,

Could you please let me have the 'reference found in my signature' you mentioned at the end of your CN sales contribution [as extract below]. I must need a different pair of specs since I can't see one!

Many thanks

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!
Hi exporters, if you use the phone number in my sig below you don't need a reference as the number is the dedicated VOC quoteline.

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 17:29   #160
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.