Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196312

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 20th, 2017, 11:46   #221
827Roverman
VOC Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Hi to all!

As some of you may know, we are the Volvo Owners Club preferred insurance provider and have been for over 20 years!

We thought we would advertise details of the scheme on this forum so here goes! -

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 20bhp.

It starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver and no fault claims in the last 12 months.

The minimum premium is £250 so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!
You say your not competitive for Manchester/Stockport/Oldham, why is this, a couple of weeks ago I asked you for a quote for my 940 (Oldham based) the reply I got was that most of the companies you use would not give me cover, then you gave me a quote of £998, which your staff member agreed was very high, when asked what my renewal was (£350 ish) I was told you could not get anywhere near that, but yet you advertise savings for club members, I would never dream of contacting you again and would not recommend your company,
My sincere apologies to CHRISKNOTT on the above, it was NOT your company that quoted me £998 it was LANCASTER INSURANCE, my apologies for this mistake, you CHRIS KNOT would not give me cover .

Last edited by 827Roverman; Apr 20th, 2017 at 13:45. Reason: Apologies for genuine mistake (senior moment)
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 11:55   #222
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
The reason that i didn't answer is that we understand we can't beat every quote. If we did there would be no other insurer in Great Britain.

If the insurer is not keen to insure you at a certain premium they would rather not do the business.

It is better to just accept it and move on!
That's a great attitude !!
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:05   #223
alanoconnor

Default Insurance

I just insured my latest Volvo - 2006 S60 T5 - with Tesco. 10,000 miles a year, fully comp with a £250 excess. Currently living in Warwickshire. 50 years young. I only have 2 years no claims as I've been driving company cars for years.

The quote came in at £275. Added Tesco Clubcard and quote reduced to £201.

I couldn't find anyone that could beat this.
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 21:42   #224
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanoconnor View Post
I just insured my latest Volvo - 2006 S60 T5 - with Tesco. 10,000 miles a year, fully comp with a £250 excess. Currently living in Warwickshire. 50 years young. I only have 2 years no claims as I've been driving company cars for years.

The quote came in at £275. Added Tesco Clubcard and quote reduced to £201.

I couldn't find anyone that could beat this.
Sounds like a really good price to me

I was with Tescos for years and if they upped the price and I got a cheaper quote they'd match it. All of a sudden they really upped my policy one year (no points on licence, no claims, no change) and wouldn't match the cheapest quote, the RAC. RAC only lasted one year before they got too expensive and wouldn't price match so now I'm with the cheapest .... Lloyds Bank. Who knows how they calculate risk?! Who knows what next year will bring

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 19:12   #225
alanoconnor

Default Insurance

It's a good quote.

What I will say, and I know underwriting well, is that for anyone reading, do not underestimate the power of putting the other half on as a named driver. My insurance would have been higher if I hadn't. Weird, but true - ok, she has no points, penalties etc. but it does wonders for my renewals.
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:15   #226
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Unfortunately when i rang chris Knott Insurance recently to insure my V70-2005,D5 SE and as soon as i told them my postcode[an Oldham one that's Lanc's]I was told ''Sorry we don't cover that area,now I know that Oldham has it's bad reputation for fraudulent claims for whiplash and the like,...
Hi sv70, I'm sorry we couldn't arrange cover for you. Insurance is all about assessing risk and as you've already identified, OL can be a tough area for insurers. We do insure some OL postcodes but there are overnight parking requirements that depend on the area. For example, off road parking or garaging required for the riskier areas. We look at the digit after the space in the postcode to assess the specific area and insurers tell us what their requirement is.

Hope that helps others.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 12:47   #227
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi sv70, I'm sorry we couldn't arrange cover for you. Insurance is all about assessing risk and as you've already identified, OL can be a tough area for insurers. We do insure some OL postcodes but there are overnight parking requirements that depend on the area. For example, off road parking or garaging required for the riskier areas. We look at the digit after the space in the postcode to assess the specific area and insurers tell us what their requirement is.

Hope that helps others.
I'm 72 years young and have lived in CHADDERTON OLDHAM all my life, I've been driving since I was 17, never had any problems getting insurance with different companies over the years, never made any claims, only collected one SP30 in my life, one of the reasons for joining the VOC was to try and get lower insurance cost, I find it vey disappointing that you do not cover this area,
VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH YOU !!
Old May 4th, 2017, 12:03   #228
sv70

Default Chris Knotts exclusion zone

Hi 827 Roverman,i can understand your frustration with your excellent driving history,I also live in Chadderton [unfortunately for insurance purposes anyway] my driving record is also very good,54 years old,never claimed since 17,never had any attempted thefts/vandalism at this property for the last 40 plus years,off road parking,if the likes of us can't even get a quote,then it tells us that company is not worth contacting again.When they say it's all about assessing risk then it seems they are just playing the postcode lottery and totally dismissing the drivers record which is ludicrous,which probably means they will give a quote to someone with a bad record-ie accidents/claims,who lives in a [nice area postcode]It is about time the insurance companies assessed drivers more on driving record than postcode,but i suppose it's in their financial interest to tar everyone with the same brush,instead of punishing multiple claimants,and rewarding non claimants.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 12:43   #229
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Hi 827 Roverman,i can understand your frustration with your excellent driving history,I also live in Chadderton [unfortunately for insurance purposes anyway] my driving record is also very good,54 years old,never claimed since 17,never had any attempted thefts/vandalism at this property for the last 40 plus years,off road parking,if the likes of us can't even get a quote,then it tells us that company is not worth contacting again.When they say it's all about assessing risk then it seems they are just playing the postcode lottery and totally dismissing the drivers record which is ludicrous,which probably means they will give a quote to someone with a bad record-ie accidents/claims,who lives in a [nice area postcode]It is about time the insurance companies assessed drivers more on driving record than postcode,but i suppose it's in their financial interest to tar everyone with the same brush,instead of punishing multiple claimants,and rewarding non claimants.
I fully agree with what your saying, I for one won't bother contacting them again, and reading some of the other post's other club members are of the same opinion, perhaps its about time the VOC looked into this problem and found a company that will offer ALL members insurance, or at least a quote, another thing that annoys me is when asking to get classic car insurance, is that some companies will only offer you classic insurance if you have a second car, (must be nice to afford two) they will then offer you very low cost insurance on your classic on limited mileage which could be from 3000 to 10,000 per year, so in your second (classic car) you could do say 5000 per year on cheap insurance, but if like me you have just the one car which I consider to be a classic at 21 years old doing a max of 3000 per year you struggle to get the cheaper classic insurance. David.
Old May 13th, 2017, 02:31   #230
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

You won't need insurance next year when you die of rage
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barrybritcher For This Useful Post: