Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196306

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2017, 11:43   #231
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
you won't need insurance next year when you die of rage
pillock
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2017, 17:52   #232
abdiel
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
pillock

I will Second that 827 Roverman
abdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to abdiel For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2017, 15:02   #233
StatusRed
Premier Member

Something to note that would be good. Could you please update the software used to automatically generate the documents you send out to actually match your own records?

It's a bit concerning to sit on the phone and declare all your mods to then receive an email with a policy document that says: "Any modifications? - NO". Which then prompted me to waste my own time to phone up again to check you had actually put the modifications on my insurance.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2017, 15:58   #234
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusRed View Post
Something to note that would be good. Could you please update the software used to automatically generate the documents you send out to actually match your own records?

It's a bit concerning to sit on the phone and declare all your mods to then receive an email with a policy document that says: "Any modifications? - NO". Which then prompted me to waste my own time to phone up again to check you had actually put the modifications on my insurance.
Hi, if you mean the Proposal Form/Statement of Fact we actually have to enter 'No' in that section because of the insurer's system. Did you also receive a modifications form as a separate enclosure which listed the mods? Please PM me your real name and I'll check the specifics for you.

best,
Nick

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2017, 17:36   #235
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Hi, if you mean the Proposal Form/Statement of Fact we actually have to enter 'No' in that section because of the insurer's system. Did you also receive a modifications form as a separate enclosure which listed the mods? Please PM me your real name and I'll check the specifics for you.

best,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yeah I have and I understand that you're limited by their system but I'm just giving some feedback that it is confusing to me as a customer so you may look to liaise with them to rectify this in the future?

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 12:41   #236
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

So, 3 cool things I need to let you know about before I can go on holiday tomorrow...

1. Platinum Supercar Blast plus High-Speed Passenger Ride or Photo - yep, we're running a competition for August. Just ask us to quote for your car insurance this month to gain automatic entry in our draw to win a race track drive in your choice of 6 new supercars at one of 8 track locations nationwide. We'll pick a winner in early September.

VOC QUOTELINE: 0800 023 4374

2. Our Virtual Show & Shine on social media continues (see separate thread). We're inviting all members to post pics of your shiny cars on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. You need to tag us, tag your club and use the hashtag #ShowShine2017 to qualify. We're offering a prize for the best pic - an Auto Finesse Detailing Kit - 14 items of high quality car cleaning product worth £156.

LINKS: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns | https://www.twitter.com/ChrisKnottIns

3. A reminder about GAP Cover from Chris Knott - this is our combined RTI/Finance GAP cover which is significantly cheaper than that offered by car dealers when you buy a car. Check out our cover which fixes your new/nearly-new car's invoice value for 3 years after purchase, meaning you get a better payout in the event of a total loss incident. It'll give you the difference between your motor insurer's payout and the original invoice price or any outstanding finance - whichever is the greater amount - to make sure you can start again, wiping out depreciation.

Have a look, get a quote, or buy online, at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in a fortnight - a greek beach beckons!

best,
Nick

Little bit of feedback:

"Matched my previous quote but with a lot more extras free - spot on and great staff." t500tty, MPS Owners Club

"Matched another quote but benefits were loads better than other option." Kwackadave, MPS Owners

"Been with Chris Knott for about 3 years (been with them for various cars over the years, never had a problem)." Dennis, FocusSTOC

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Sep 4th, 2017, 12:16   #237
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Thanks for a great August you brilliant lot!

Maybe it was our Platinum Supercar Blast prize draw that attracted the calls or perhaps you've heard the feedback about the Chris Knott club and enthusiast scheme.

Either way, we're grateful this end for you helping us to reach 129% of August's new policy target - our best month so far this year! It means we clearly have winning rates to offer members.

September's also looking good so far so please give us a call for a quote if your car insurance is due soon.

QUOTLINE: 0800 023 4374

There are extra benefits of using Chris Knott too:

- Competitive rates - specially negotiated deals for club members/enthusiasts
- Understanding of what your car means to you
- Personal service and attention
- Expert advice from qualified insurance professionals
- Easy access to us via phone, email and social media
- Impartial advice as we're independent from your insurer
- All the ongoing support you need throughout your time with us
- Someone between you and the insurer to help with any claims disputes
- A relationship with your club/forum means we can call on model-specific advice if needed
- Answerable to the club/forum
- A share of our earnings paid to your club for every policy purchased

For a competitive quote for your standard, modified or classic car (and to receive these other valuable benefits) please give us a call.

best,
Nick

PS. we'll be making the Platinum Supercar Blast prize draw this week and announcing the winner here next Monday.

TESTIMONIALS
See what these guys thought of our service recently...

"I've used Chris Knott both direct and through AROC and they always come up with a good deal. They don't throw a hissy fit about mods either." Steve Prill, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Hi Nick, just been speaking to one of your team (Kathy) she was brilliant and I am going to be insured with Chris Knott Insurance!! Great service." Elli, Saab Owners Club GB

"Thanks for that, did the quote, and it does look very interesting. My wife (who likes small print) is perusing this and we'll get back to you in a few minutes. I have to say, most efficient dealing with an insurance company, ever ;-)" buze, ZRoaster.org

Old Sep 11th, 2017, 13:19   #238
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Right, straight in with it...

Congratulations to Philip Appleyard, a member of THIS Club, for winning our August draw. Philip has won a Platinum Supercar Blast plus High-Speed Passenger Ride or Photo. He gets track time in his favourite new supercar (6 to choose from) at his choice from 8 locations nationwide.

Entrants qualified by requesting a car insurance quote during August (purchase not required).

ANOTHER CHRIS KNOTT COMPETITION
If you like the idea of winning one of our prizes we do have another competition running at the moment - the Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine which has been going on all Summer on social media.

Simply post a pic of your car with the theme 'Shine' and we'll judge the winner after the closing date but be quick, the closing date is this Thursday!!

Post your pic on either our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages and do these 3 things in the comments...

- @tag Chris Knott Insurance
- use hashtag #ShowShine2017
- @tag your club/forum

We'd love to see your cars!

All this is just a distraction of course - what we'd really like you to do is give us a call for a quote when your car insurance falls due.

VOC QUOTELINE: 0800 023 4374

ONLINE: complete brief info - Chris Knott Callback Form

best,
Nick

Recent testimonials

"Now with CKI through AROC on v6 with a few mods - best price and great service and discount on second vehicle recently insured with them." Mark Byatt, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Sorted insurance with @ChrisKnottIns -- I have to say they were very efficient, and very competitive, a pleasure to deal with." buze, ZRoadster.org

"You should be jubilant at how amazing you are. Let's do the deal at that." Richard Gregory, MPS Owners Club

"I have a modified GTV myself insured through Chris Knott for the last 10 years....Very good service and a very small premium...give them a call." Martin Lindus, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Big shout out to Chris Knott, site sponsors at Briskoda.net, advised them of my plans for the car this year, they said just call when you have made the changes etc. New suspension is on - just called them, all done, all promises kept, big thumbs up." David Turner, Briskoda

Old Sep 18th, 2017, 12:06   #239
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Hi, two things quickly -

1. COMPETITION
You'll know we've been running the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine on our social media channels - the chance for members to share pics of their cars with us in the hope of winning a decent prize.

We've really loved seeing what cars members drive and from the 200 or so entries it was a tough job to pick a winner. However, I'm pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine as Ashley Gratton with his MkI Golf.

Full details including the Top 5 finalists' cars here: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/ch...17-winner.html

2. OFFER ON CHRIS KNOTT'S UK BREAKDOWN COVER
Just to let you know that the current offer is about to expire so you'll need to get in quick if you'd like to benefit. Our comprehensive cover starts at £63 but you can get an extra £5 OFF until the end of September.

Request a quote and buy online at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/volvorescue or call us on 0800 023 4374.

Members of this club have an additional special deal that's always available - cover at least one everyday/modern car and we'll add cover for one classic car free.

best,
Nick

Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 12:47   #240
JoJosmith

Angry

HI Chris Knott Insurance,

I’m really disappointed that I’ve got my 2008 V70 insured with you and also have a classic 1973 and was quoted £230 for the classic therefore, I insured the classic with Lancaster for £80.

Just reading your post, VOC members get the classic car insurance for free, why was I not told this on the phone?!?

Volvo V70 2008 2.4D geartronic
Volvo 144 1973 2.0 Auto
JoJosmith is offline   Reply With Quote