Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Skid assist, Parking Sensor, Fault Diag

Views : 317

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 06:57   #1
Hugomulligan

Default Skid assist, Parking Sensor, Fault Diag

Hi All,
I do hope this will help someone,
I have 07 XC90 D5 SE Sport
About 4 weeks ago i had a plethora of faults come up virtually all at once

Skid assist service required
Parking sensor service required
ABS service required

Thankfully a few months ago i got a VXdiag from sirobb, which was going to become invaluable,
First was the ABS, vida pointed to front drivers side ABS ring, easy peasy followed Simon Robbs youtube video and done in no time

so now comes the fun,
Skid assist can be lots of things, steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, haldex pump, DEM, so rather than just throw lots of money/parts/labour at it i thought lets really investigate this, So i trawled all the forums without any definitive answers,
I contacted Simon Robb who gave me a refresher course in how to use VXdiag/Vida, and suggested to follow the fault traces on vida and check connections, so back on vida, so Vida couldnt connect to DEM (differential electronic module) or PAM (park assist module), Simon messaged me with guide how to check DEM and also the Haldex pump, so under i crawled and and tested the connections at the DEM which is near rear diff on the haldex,
No 12v at the connection.
So now test the haldex pump using spare battery,
Pump is working, thats a relief.
Now this is pointing to the REM (rear electrical module) or in laymens terms the Fuse box in the boot at the left side where you access the light cluster.
Checked the fuses, all good.
So power into REM but no power coming out. so i put a call into Lukas at Volvodiagnostic in Tilbury. Really helpful company, as soon as i explained the issues Lukas asked if my parking sensors had stopped working too, as soon as i said they were showing a fault he said that this is quite common and it is usally a fault in the REM and if i sent mine to them they would repair and send back, (£90 + carr) So i sent it off and today got it back. Refiitted the REM and turned ignition on, fired up and NO FAULTS . job done.

Big thanks to
Simon Robb (VXdiag and for being a genuine nice guy)
Lukas at Volvodiag great company and great service
Hugomulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hugomulligan For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 11:48   #2
KAMXC90

Really good, explained whats up, how you checked and gave a solution.

I have messages up on a frequent basis that might be similar to yours, so will investigate.
I get;Parking sensor
Anti-skid
Soot Filter

pretty often.

As the centre consul has very few switch lights on at night I wondered if someone had removed for some reason and that may have also in turn affect the various sensors, you explanation say no, so maybe safe to see what some switches are always dark.

Ken
KAMXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote