Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 D2 or D3 Buying options and fuel economy

Views : 579

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2022, 09:57   #1
Highlandsmatt

Default C30 D2 or D3 Buying options and fuel economy

Hi Im looking at getting a C30 as i love the shape and design, Always been a fan of Volvo cars.
I need an economical car for my new job where i have to commute 100miles a day for 5 days of the week.

I was originally looking at the D2 R design lux as i really like the sat nav option.
However i would prefer the 5 cylinder D3 as i think its a better engine.

But a few questions, in real world experience I've heard the D3 5 cylinder is just as good on fuel as its not being stressed/revved as much.

And from what i can see the D3 r design doesn't have a navigation/lux model?

The roads i will be driving on are Scottish a roads, usually this means you can cruise around 50 to 60mph with a tiny bit of slower bends but most of the time you can sit around 60mph. another reason for considering the D3 over the D2 is you often have slow logging lorries to overtake up here otherwise your stuck behind them for ages. so the extra power would be good for that. But on the flip side the D" for economy.

What's your thoughts guys n girls?
just to throw another spanner in the works i was also considering the V40 D" or D3 r design as i actually prefer the dash and interior design of those, Kinda with i could have a v40 interior in a c30 Hmmmmmm :-)
Highlandsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 10:30   #2
rxtian

Personally I wouldn’t put much weight on built in sat nav- invest in a decent phone mount/audio integration and you will have much better navigation through your phone.

The 5 cylinder engines have a much nicer character in my opinion, and generally seem more reliable.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 15:15   #3
Highlandsmatt

Yeah i thought that too and have seen this, apparently the first model is crap but this is the updated version and is meant to be better-https://www.bluepower.se/en/product/audio-video/car-stereo/custom-players/volvo/c30/volvo-c30s40v50c70-headunit-android-71.html
Highlandsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 16:03   #4
rxtian

To be honest, I have only heard bad things about those units, particularly the support.

For our C30, we went with one of these mounts: https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehi...o/C30/2012.htm

And a pure highway which added DAB, bluetooth audio, and hands free calling via the aux in:
https://www.pure.com/en-GB/audio-hif...black/p/147997
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 16:31   #5
iainmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtian View Post
For our C30, we went with one of these mounts: https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehi...o/C30/2012.htm

And a pure highway which added DAB, bluetooth audio, and hands free calling via the aux in:
https://www.pure.com/en-GB/audio-hif...black/p/147997
Exactly what we did. I'd love something like the Bluepower but there were horror stories galore on forums ranging from missing parts, functionality problems, support being non-existent and it just being an all-round expensive disappointment.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote