Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 with forward facing toddler seat??

Views : 599

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2018, 18:55   #1
olliemayo

Default C30 with forward facing toddler seat??

Does anyone do this? If I buy a C30 I will be taking child number 1 to nursery once a week, in a forward facing seat, she is more than able to climb in herself, and get into the seat, I will reach in to to up her safety shield. Is this a mad idea in a 2 door car or do people do it?

Whatever car I buy will be a Volvo I just need a smallish car because I have to do 80,000-100,000 miles of driving in the next 5-6 years.
olliemayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2018, 16:27   #2
parallaxerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliemayo View Post
Does anyone do this? If I buy a C30 I will be taking child number 1 to nursery once a week, in a forward facing seat, she is more than able to climb in herself, and get into the seat, I will reach in to to up her safety shield. Is this a mad idea in a 2 door car or do people do it?

Whatever car I buy will be a Volvo I just need a smallish car because I have to do 80,000-100,000 miles of driving in the next 5-6 years.
It's not a mad idea and plenty of people do it, provided she's over the age of 3 or 15kg. It is advised to move the seat as far back as possible if there's an airbag fitted, otherwise it's no different to sitting them in the rear (in a correctly spec'd child seat).

My wife did it for a short time when I couldn't drop off or pick up, but then we px'd her car for the S40 I'm driving now and I gave her the Land Rover
parallaxerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 20:14   #3
olliemayo

Sorry to confuse, I meant putting the child seat in the rear seats and reaching through the gap created when the passenger seat is folded forward?
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 09:19   #4
Tear101

i have a 3 year old in the back a couple of times a week and its no problem for me to reach in and buckle him up. one foot in the rear footwell to stop the passenger seat sliding back and its fine.
Tear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 10:53   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliemayo View Post

You must never put a child in a seat in the front unless you have an air bag switch on the left edge of the dash , you can see it with the door open .The rear is always the correct place for young children , you don't get tempted to play with them whilst driving too !
If you must put them in the front and can turn the air bag off the safest position is a rear facing seat if the child is between 9 and 25 kg in weight .
It is not as easy as you first imaging seating a child in a car .
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 13:14   #6
olliemayo

Thank you everyone's advice. Again, I perhaps worded my post improperly, I didn't intend to make use of the front passenger seat at all, as my day bag and coat tends to live on it. I was intending to make use of a rear seat with the child seat so fitted.

The child seat in question is a front-facer only model that uses Isofix mountings, along with the car seat belt and a safety cushion shield thing which are all the rage now. I was more aiming my question at how do folk get on with children in the rear seats of a 2 door car since access is not so straight forward.