Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

0055 Inflatable curtainIC right Resistance too high

Views : 1334

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 28th, 2022, 15:07   #11
sbk1972

Clan. I appriecate your warning.

I dont plan to test the airbag. I plan to slip a resistor in at the airbag end, testing the loom, then at the door hinge connector, then testing the loom.

I plan to use my new airbag tool on the working door. Work out what resistance ohms it needs to be. The left door, which is working, will give me the baseline of figures that I will use for the right door.

Eventually I will have tested the looms, connectors and will be in a position where I can confirm its 2x crappy air bags, or bad connectors, or bad loom, or bad module.

This will be a day affair, so plan to do it in a few weeks or so. If honest Im having more issues with bl00dy doors opening when ever they see fit )

Simon
sbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 13:57   #12
sbk1972

Busy weekend working on the car so thought I would update this thread for future searchers

So my plan was to work out the ohms resistance on the passenger side, take these findings over to the right hand side which has the high resistance airbag issue.

First I tried to work out the ohms reading on the airbag by starting at 2ohms, on my new airbay ohms tool, and work my way up until the error is cleared by my reader. This didnt work. I tired between 1.5 to 4ohms and the cfault wouldnt clear.

I again tried to read the airbag, yes I understand this is silly but so is marriage but that doesnt stop us :-), and this comes back at 0. So I replaced everything, cleared the fault on the passenger door and worked on the drivers door.

I stripped door down, stripped centre console away, both very easy and got to the wiring loom going into the AIRBAG SRS module. This is when things confused me. I took my multi meter and put one probe on one end of the airbag connector at the door, and went up and down the SRS module connector to find the wire, which I found. Roughily in the middle of the connector. By the way the connector sides out of the frame and splits in two.

I did the same again but with the other side of the door air bag connector, probe in the other side, up and down looking for the relative wire which I found. However the other wire I found previous also beeped meaning that which ever wire I tested both connector pins beep. I would of thought both wires would be seperate. I did the same with the passenger door, to test to see if this was the error and again that is the same. The two airbag wires are joined. I wonder if the airbag grounds via it's frame and these two wires joined and do something else.

Anyway, had enough, I installed the whole car back together, cleared any faults and still have the bloody drivers side air bag light on. so Im going to remove the bulbs and worry about it at MOT time :-)

Simon
sbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote