Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What do you HATE about your X40?

Views : 6798

Replies : 100

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:34   #1
Grumpywurzel
Gert Navy Bouy

Default What do you HATE about your X40?

Not sure if this has been done before...

But what if anything drives you nuts about your car?

My personal hate at the moment for some reason, is the position of the electric windows switches but more specifically the one on the door itself Either I have long arms or the designer was a midget !!!!
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:35   #2
t5pete
The three volvo's

Honestly nothing I find our 1.9d brilliant
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:45   #3
malteser
Master Member

Head gasket lol
malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malteser For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:49   #4
Matt86
Premier Member

The fact nothing is pre-wired like it should be lol. (Soon to chance that though)

Car Photos
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:55   #5
ilikewatch
Master Member

I don't hate the car as such as my 1.9D has behaved impeccably - I do hate the fact that I didn't buy a car which had already had the clutch and timing belt done, and one with cruise control - the clutch and timing belt are probably what will send my current car to the scrappies, which will be a crap end for what has been an excellent and reliable family motor.
'18 (68) silver Volvo V40 T3 R Design
ilikewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 18:58   #6
Alex121
Premier Member

I hate how easy it is to mist up the windscreen. I'm constantly turning the air con on and off and on and off just to keep the windscreen clear in the colder months.

I know this next one is the same on all saloons but I can't stand not having a rear wiper. Having to wipe the rear window down just to reverse round my own drive is really irritating.

Heated seats - Lovely for the first 5 minutes then they seem to stop for the rest of the journey and do nothing - that annoys me. Other than that nothing, I've done a few little things to mine to get it exactly how I want it but overall, not a bad car at all
Alex121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex121 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 19:10   #7
skyship007
Premier Member

Lightbulb

Lack of a Haynes manual for the diesels and the fact the rear screen tends to get dirty, in combination with the more normal poor view when reversing. Vadis with a good laptop, a spoiler and a rear view camera would help.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 19:16   #8
skyship007
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex121 View Post
I hate how easy it is to mist up the windscreen. I'm constantly turning the air con on and off and on and off just to keep the windscreen clear in the colder months.

I know this next one is the same on all saloons but I can't stand not having a rear wiper. Having to wipe the rear window down just to reverse round my own drive is really irritating.

Heated seats - Lovely for the first 5 minutes then they seem to stop for the rest of the journey and do nothing - that annoys me. Other than that nothing, I've done a few little things to mine to get it exactly how I want it but overall, not a bad car at all
A garage, rain X on the rear screen and fur seat covers might help. Heated seats sometimes have a timer.

My old Renault 19 suffered from rear door leaks and damp carpets, so I did resort to dehumidifying bags that you dry in the micowave or oven.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 19:39   #9
S40 Volvo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex121 View Post

Couldn't agree more!!

I was just thinking the same thing about the misting on the front screen! So it's not only you!

As for the wiper and heated seats my feelings are exactly the same!
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 19:41   #10
fat tony
"Legitimate" Businessman

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteser View Post
Head gasket lol
Yep, that's what killed mine,

i also hate the fact that everytime i open the garage door, i'm reminded of the fun i had in it!!

Ex-Junior Vice-President of the X40 In Dash Cup Holder Owners Club
fat tony is offline   Reply With Quote