Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Remote Central Locking Sometimes it will and then it won't!!

Views : 766

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 13:28   #1
Mike Smith
Master Member

Default Remote Central Locking Sometimes it will and then it won't!!

Hi
I'm now experiencing remote central locking problems, sometimes it locks and then on other occcasions it doesn't, more noticable when it's cold, the alarm however always activates, so no probs with the fob. I've also noticed the central locking seems a bit sluggish, like theres not much power in the car battery, again the car battery is fine. Is there a central unit somewhere to check and possible lubricate?

Regards
Mike
'96 GLT Auto Estate

For Every Problem - There is a Solution
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 14:25   #2
ted

Default RE: Remote Central Locking Sometimes it will and then it won't!!

You need to get the driver's door trim off and give the mechanism a good spray with WD40.Spray everything it won't hurt anything in there.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 23:28   #3
Mike Smith
Master Member

Thanks for that, wasn't sure where the thing was, couldn't find any mention of it in the Haynes manual.

Regards
Mike
'96 GLT Auto Estate

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 00:42   #4
BJ
BJ

I had the same problems with my 850R N reg - had the codes red and found that I needed a new tailgate lock £165 inc vat (may have been able to spay it free ?) this was stopping the rest of the doors from locking but the alarm would set - two or three days later the same thing happened again and the wife got locked out 20 miles from home. I had to have two new key fobs, I thought the old ones were fine untill we looked at new fobs - all ok now thanks to Volvo of Cambridge - touch wood - two new key fobs + setting up £101 inc vat.

One thing when the doors lock and the alarm sets does the lights flash one more time? as, they should.

Hope you get sorted

BJ 850R, 65K
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 13:38   #5
Mike Smith
Master Member

All seams ok with the alarm side, as when it first happened I didn't hear the familar clunk, so I checked the door and when it opened it subsequently set off the alarm and awoke the whole street!

Regards
Mike
'96 GLT Auto Estate

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 21:23   #6
ShadeTek
Premier Member

I have the occasiional problem of the alarm setting but the central locking doesn't function. What I do is to put the key in the rear hatch loch and then open & close the locks 3 or 4 times quickly. That then re-syncs the central locking. I think it's the rear hatch central locking motor which needs replaced.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 23:40   #7
BJ
BJ

This is how my fault started and got worse had no time to sort it myself so got Volvo in as I said above - but I`am sure most people could change the tailgate lock and save 100 odd pounds

BJ 850R central locking and alarm now working - touch wood.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote