Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 LPG '97 . Now 'project'. An easy restoration...

Views : 649

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 12th, 2022, 19:27   #1
arctan

Default 940 LPG '97 . Now 'project'. An easy restoration...

LPG 940 Project for sale.
Just started driving this Saturday morning, ironically on my way to Lakes Breakers to get some stuff for my V70. The car got intermittent when warm,
like an ignition problem. Pulled over, and it would start, run for a few minutes, cut out. Tacho would sometimes kick during cranking, sometimes not.
Got the AA out. Not much help, but towed back to base, and my old crankshaft position sensor installed, which had been working, when replaced last year, preventative maintenance etc. It may restart when cold tomorrow, it may not. I don't have the time to do the diagnostics. So the car is up for disposal. I'd say trailer away. It WAS going
to be up for sale as a runner, here and on the bay, at an auction starting point of £1250. If you want to chat about it [Deleted]. Or PM. I'll ask admin to hide my number soon! Not 9am please! With parking, tax and insurance this is costing me more
than 100 per month, so it has to go.

Here is what I previously wrote when it was a runner:

This is a '97 LPT/lpg, with 175k on the clock.
I was hoping to move out of London and keep this car, especially as it's LPG, but the move has been delayed, and I'm subject to the ULEZ, at circa
300 per month. So I now have a V70, and wife's accord estate.
Good points:
Head gasket, with skim and new bolts at 140k.
Cambelt and seals at 140k.
Boost controller, at 8psi, so 940 HPT ish, guesstimate 180 bhp, confident power).
BG44, Ceratec. Mainly run on Liquimoly 10w 40.
LPG is Prinz VSI, well behaved, with good quality injectors (Keihin Honda), 60 litre tank, fills to 70.
Alloys + spare alloy, maybe space saver too.
4 premium all weathers, 50 pc worn.( £80 each corner).
Replaced drivers Leather seat with good one, others await fitting.
New battery.
Temp and TDC sensors replaced.Fuel pump relay too.
Boost controller at 8psi,
Radiator newish.
New SKF water pump ready for fitting.(Use Volvo OEM seals!).
Tail lights are new.
MOT till August.
Steering aligned.
Sunroof.(with non original dash switch).
IPD anti roll bars, the front fitted, (400 new)
New Bilstein rear shocks await fitting, not currently leaking or failed.
Body and paint mainly quite good, dark charcoal metallic, very small trolley ding in osr door, you have to really look for it.
On lpg, 260 miles urban, 375 long run, per tank.
Boot liner.
Tow bar. not fitted.
Door cards healthy, drivers pocket broken.
Home built 'odb like' diagnostic box.

Bad points.
LPG buzzer currently on. Been on for ages. No fault showing on Prinz software, no operating problems. I have a new buzzer which is combined with lpg fuel gauge display ready, or ditch buzzers individual earth wire. There is no Engine check light on, never has been, unlike more basic systems.
Used with dogs. I'll clean interior, before sale, but it'll not be as new.
Petrol gauge inaccurate. I just top up the tank every month,
£25 petrol per 1000 miles.
Injector loom needs 8 crimps to make better. (old loom petrified by age and turbo heat, now uses new connectors, silicone wires, glassfibre shielding).
Some water and oil loss per 1000 miles, hence water pump ready (seal in to head is the leak).
Autobox probably needs a fluid change, 1st to second shift not perfect, but I've been ok with it for six years, I don't notice it. Park unreliable on inclines, I always use handbrake.
Drivers speaker shot (was going for £30 JBL's).

Adding up all the items if sold as individual scrap items amounts to probably more than my original action price. But, it's a non runner. If no takers here I'll dump it to auction 'spares or repairs' etc. It would be nice for it to go to a good home via this forum etc.

John.

Edit: Now Sold.

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Apr 11th, 2022 at 14:35.
arctan is offline   Reply With Quote