Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Heated windscreen

Views : 1989

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2014, 07:17   #11
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Only -1 this morning but it only took 15 secs to make the ice loose enough for wipers to clean off
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 13:28   #12
Harvey1512
Premier Member

You lot are all showing off now. I knew I would regret not pushing harder to get that option box ticked, I caved in too early. The only upside this year is that I have discovered Astonish Ice Spray is remarkably cheap and effective but I do hate putting on the windscreen cover each night to keep off the worst of the frost.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 17:07   #13
K5 Gus

They lost out on a few hundred quid from me by not offering this as a stand alone option.

No interest in heated seats ( mine are cloth, don't like leather ), but heated windscreen only comes as part of the Winter Pack
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 18:06   #14
GJB
Premier Member

Only real answer get it in a garage at night whole car is the ready to go in the morning, I appreciate this is not always possible!
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 18:09   #15
MikeIOW
Premier Member

one of our neighbours put a fairly simple shelter up (clear plastic roof coming out from their garage). Not super attractive, but it does stop their cars from freezing up even though it is open all round!
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 22:09   #16
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

What I like even more than the ice and fast clearing withou any effort is that the inside of the screen doesn't freeze when you drive off. I hated this in the old car when you had a clear screen on the outside by using a de-icing spray only to have the inside fog up as your exhaled breath froze

Sorry Harvey
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 22:16   #17
Spitfire4
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
What I like even more than the ice and fast clearing withou any effort is that the inside of the screen doesn't freeze when you drive off. I hated this in the old car when you had a clear screen on the outside by using a de-icing spray only to have the inside fog up as your exhaled breath froze

Sorry Harvey
Yeah I noticed that, it's brilliant now I know how to use it!
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 22:30   #18
Chrisv60

Does it always need the double click? The manual suggests 1 click for electric and the second click turns on the blowers. However, if I do a single click, the electric symbol appears briefly on the screen and then disappears. With a double click, both the electric and blower symbols appear on the screen and stay until turned off.

Also with a single click the glass doesn't feel warm so mine doesn't appear to do electric only. Not really a problem as I use both, but it seems different from the manual.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 22:41   #19
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I only use a single click most of the time. That shows the electric only briefly on the screen and the element switches off after about 5 mins, when it again shows a brief message, this time to say that it has switched off.

When I have used the double click the message doesn't remain on the screen, it dissapeaared in exactly the same way as electric only. The blower needs to be switched of manually as it will remain on ad infinitum.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post: