Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Questions

Views : 1653

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2009, 15:58   #1
Trident

Default XC60 Questions

Hi all - more XC60 questions for you knowledgeable people...

1. On the XC60 if you don't order the Sat Nav what is where the screen would be? If its just a blanking plate does it look naff? any pictures of a dash without Sat Nav would be great.

2. Do all the models come with Xenon Headlamps?

3. With the Sat Nav option does this use up the CD slot or is the map info kept on a hard disk, allowing you to still use the CD player for music?

4. When using the Sat nav does it quieten down the music for directional instructions?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 17:05   #2
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

1. On the XC60 if you don't order the Sat Nav what is where the screen would be? If its just a blanking plate does it look naff? any pictures of a dash without Sat Nav would be great.

3. With the Sat Nav option does this use up the CD slot or is the map info kept on a hard disk, allowing you to still use the CD player for music?

4. When using the Sat nav does it quieten down the music for directional instructions?

Thanks
In answer to 1, you get the same molded plastic but there is no hole where the screen goes. Plus you get a little rubber tray at the bottom (about and inch and a half deep). I was a bit worried what it would look like but actually it looks fine and is quite a good place for keeping glasses, keys etc.. If I get some time (not much with a toddler and new baby I will post a pic) but don't worry it doesn't look naff. I hoped I could put my TomTom there. It fits nicely in the space but annoyingly can't detect any satellites from that position.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 17:14   #3
XC60Owner

I think I remember the manual saying the active bending headlights are Bi-Xenon and the non active ones are something else (halogen?). I have the active headlights but only as they are standard on the SE Lux. I wouldn't pay the extra £550 for them personally. Bust best to double check that with dealer.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 17:47   #4
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Thanks
Question 1 & 2 have been answered.

No3 - The Sat Nav/RTI sysyem comes with 4 DVD's and one has to be installed in the unit, which is situated under the floor, at the back on the left hand side.
This is a total pain in the backside, because, if you do not do some planning and are travelling throughout Europe, one has to remove everything from the back, just to change the DVD.

What do I mean about planning?

If you know where you are going (The DVD for the UK covers, France, Spain, etc), but if you want to travel through, France to Austria, one would need to change the DVD.
In the comfort of your driveway, one can install the required DVD, select and save, all the destinations, that you wish to go to and then, with just the UK disc installed, for example, you can be guided to any point that you have saved.
Each of the 4 DVD's has the complete road network on them, it is the finer points, like street names, etc, that is not. The RTI system seems to work, no matter what disk, is installed.

No4 - Yes.

Hope this helps.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 19:46   #5
Trident

Great answers - thanks.
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 23:00   #6
XC60Owner

Here's a picture of the dash with no sat nav

Plus the cream/espresso interior in case you are interested

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 00:21   #7
Trident

Great thanks for the pictures - ended up with a demonstator that has the RTI Sat Nav - after all. But you are right it still looks good without.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 16:51   #8
bg1379

How does the standard radio sound?
bg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 18:27   #9
adambsmith

Sounds fine on my XC60. Good on the bass. iPod sounds good through the aux in too.

Just noticed you're in Annapolis. Lovely place.

Last edited by adambsmith; Apr 5th, 2009 at 18:31.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote