Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just ordered XC60

Views : 2247

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2009, 21:05   #1
Nice But Dim

Default Just ordered XC60

After much faffing and negotiating have finally ordered . . .

XC60 2.4D Drive SE
Rear parking sensors
Panoramic sunroof
Family pack
Black leather seats with brushed aluminium trim
Luxury mats

Have currently specified colour as Silver metallic - but quite taken by Saville Grey - have about 2 weeks to confirm final colour. I have only seen the silver metallic, bronze and some horrid blue in the flesh....

Managed to squeeze what I think is a good deal - some 6190 pounds off RRP (this includes the 1000 pounds deposit contrib upon taking out the Volvo finance - I'll run this for a month then pay the balance off in full) . I ended up emailing the majority of the UK Volvo dealers the most competitve quote I managed to get locally.... managed to get a further 800 pounds off - then waived this at my local dealer who beat it by 200 pounds !

Now the wait and the final colour choice

N b D
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 23:05   #2
Blowpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice But Dim View Post

Have currently specified colour as Silver metallic - but quite taken by Saville Grey - have about 2 weeks to confirm final colour. I have only seen the silver metallic, bronze and some horrid blue in the flesh....
Just checked and they seem to have discontinued the cedar green (almost a British Racing Green) that we had. Shame as it was a great colour, still looked great after four years and hid the minor dings and scrapes well.

Good luck with your car, you won't look back!
Blowpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 23:48   #3
grass hopper
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowpipe View Post
Just checked and they seem to have discontinued the cedar green (almost a British Racing Green) that we had. Shame as it was a great colour, still looked great after four years and hid the minor dings and scrapes well.

Good luck with your car, you won't look back!
hides the dings and scrapes (yikes) dont park next to this one only joking !
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 00:24   #4
JackRussel

Great deal in the end NBD. Worth all that hard work negotiating.

I have also chosen silver with black leather/brushed aluminium trim and panoramic sunroof plus a few other bits and bobs.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:37   #5
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Congrats on new order.

I first went with mine as a company car, but the company car tax rules have changed and in the end, will go for a PCP over 3 years. Great deal with free metallic paint, 3 years servicing and about £3K off the list.

Mine's a D5 (new engine with 205 bhp) SE Lux Premium (incl Sat Nav), Sapphire Black with:

Geartronic
Power Tailgate
Rear Armrest with Cupholders
Dark Tinted Rear Windows
Dynaudio
PCC + Heartbeat + Keyless Drive
BLIS
Front & Rear Park Assist
Bluetooth
18" Mantus Wheels
Tempa Spare Wheel
Styling Pack 1

Eta 6/6 at the dealer...... can't wait!!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:57   #6
Nice But Dim

Thanks Guys - it's a struggle to stop putting additional options on the car - when my wife saw the spec sheets we added the sunroof and family pack !

Also managed to get the 3 yrs free servicing thrown in to the deal - so I'm chuffed.....

Great forum and thanks JackRussel for your help - your dealer provided a good quote but managed to eek a bit more out of my local guys.

I noticed that www.drivethedeal.com have the MY2010 models now listed despite them advising me they would not be posted until the end of May.

Great forum - Cheers
Old May 10th, 2009, 16:03   #7
NewVolvo
VOC Member

I know what you mean about the options..... I wanted lots more, but wife said no!!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 17:08   #8
grass hopper
Premier Member

Thumbs up

look nice in silver,post some pics up when you take delivery
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 15:58   #9
XC60Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice But Dim View Post
After much faffing and negotiating have finally ordered . . .

XC60 2.4D Drive SE
Rear parking sensors
Panoramic sunroof
Family pack
Black leather seats with brushed aluminium trim
Luxury mats

Managed to squeeze what I think is a good deal - some 6190 pounds off RRP (this includes the 1000 pounds deposit contrib upon taking out the Volvo finance - I'll run this for a month then pay the balance off in full) . I ended up emailing the majority of the UK Volvo dealers the most competitve quote I managed to get locally.... managed to get a further 800 pounds off - then waived this at my local dealer who beat it by 200 pounds !

Now the wait and the final colour choice

N b D
Would be interested to know how you got £6000 off and from which dealer! The best I can get at my local dealers (Surrey / Sussex area) is the £2000 scrappage allowance plus £1000 for financing.
XC60Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 16:21   #10
Nice But Dim

XC60Monkey will PM some details to you on the offers I received which should help you.

You can do much better than just 3k off - for a start checkout www.drivethedeal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Monkey View Post
Would be interested to know how you got £6000 off and from which dealer! The best I can get at my local dealers (Surrey / Sussex area) is the £2000 scrappage allowance plus £1000 for financing.