Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

760 GLE Front Fog Lights

Views : 1067

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:13   #1
Dave M

Help!!

Lost My front Fogs on my 1989 Facelift 760GLE. I've checked the wiring, Checked the Fuse, etc No joy!! The bulbs are okay, but when switching on the Fogs, the rear Fogs light up the amber half "D" on the switch, but the green half "D" stays out!(The lights don't come on either:-( ) My only theory left is the Foglamp realy has gone faulty...Is this the case? Is this a common fault? Can any one advise, as I kinda like them back:-) OK, OK I'm not a foglamp user that blinds everyone but it's nice to have all things working that's meant to:-)

Any Help much appreciated.

Regards
Dave M

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 23:47   #2
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

Default RE: 760 GLE Front Fog Lights

The switch should have two positions. I assume your switch still gives you two. The foglight relay is the leftmost one on the second row from bottom on the relay panel which is behind the right hand centre console side cover. I suspect that it is suffering from the usual Volvo relay trouble. It may work if it has just become loose and needs pushing into it's holder, but I suspect it needs replacing. Fuse 8 is for the front foglights and fuse 9 is for the rears. The usual Volvo relay trouble is solder joints becoming "dry" through age and vibration.

All the best, Peter.
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:52   #3
Dave M

Thanx Peter, You were right on this, put some contact lubricant/cleaner on it for now and... It Worked:-) !!!
I guess I need a new relay, as I didn't see any burns or cracks on the joints, that's not to say there wasn't obviously.

Regards
Dave M

p.s Found a broken purple (only) light(as in weight) wire going to what I think was the lighting relay ...any Ideas?? Soldered it together, don't notice any difference????

Regards
Dave M
Old Aug 19th, 2002, 23:02   #4
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

Default RE: 760 GLE Front Fog Lights

The only other Violet wire on the lighting circuits that I can find is the one joining several fuses in conjunction with a Yellow/Red wire from the 15/1 (positive terminal, feed from battery). I have identified fuses 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 as being joined together by the two feeds from the positive terminal. The other Violet wire goes to the headlight relay. Perhaps now all your headlights work in dim/dip, low beam and high beam.

All the best, Peter.
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote