Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Options

Views : 1096

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2018, 15:26   #1
XC90Newbee

Default XC90 Options

Hi all,

After months of consideration I have convinced myself to move from Audi Q7 (4M) to the Volvo XC90 family, however still a bit confused if I have ticked all the right/relevant options. My spec are
D5 Inscription
Xenium, Winter, BLIS & Family Pack
Harmon Kardon Music system
5 spoke Matt Black Alloys

The car is on a 4 year lease so want to make sure I am not missing on something which I may regret later.

Your thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
XC90Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 15:43   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Newbee View Post
Hi all,

After months of consideration I have convinced myself to move from Audi Q7 (4M) to the Volvo XC90 family, however still a bit confused if I have ticked all the right/relevant options. My spec are
D5 Inscription
Xenium, Winter, BLIS & Family Pack
Harmon Kardon Music system
5 spoke Matt Black Alloys

The car is on a 4 year lease so want to make sure I am not missing on something which I may regret later.

Your thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
I'm sure you will love it even with no options at all !
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 16:03   #3
Deman77
Master Member

Aux heater - definitely

If some spare money
HUD
4-zone climate
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 16:24   #4
gmk666

Have a look to see how much it is to go from Inscription to Inscription Pro. I did this (but on the R-Design) because I wanted the air suspension. I think it's worth it, especially with the larger wheels.

Just noticed you've specced the 20" 5 spoke wheels, not the 21". Feel free to ignore everything I said.

Last edited by gmk666; Jul 12th, 2018 at 16:37.
gmk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 17:47   #5
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Aux heater - definitely

If some spare money
HUD
4-zone climate
This ^^^ (but defo the aux heater).
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 19:24   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Tick 4 zone climate as well as your other options as it improves the look of the centre tunnel in the back and each passenger can adjust to their liking.
Also if yours is not an R design get rear tinted windows, they look good but they are also practical as well as they hide anything left in car, especially if you remove luggage cover to use 7 seats, I removed my cover on day one and left it in the garage.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Jul 12th, 2018 at 20:44.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 21:17   #7
XCRoman90

so I went on the same Q7 > XC90 journey (went RDesign D5 2017 and recently swapped for a Inscription D5).

I would agree with all your choices as well as defo getting the tinted windows though standard audio is fine and more or less as good as the Q7 with Bose. Personally would not bother with aux heater as if really cold just start the car via VOC mobile app before you leave the house and with the winter pack the windscreen and steering wheel are nice and toasty anyway.

Given you are going from a V6 Q7 I would also really recommend the Polestar optimisation (my RDesign did not have it but I went for it on the new Inscription).

I have also gone for a blond interior after the black in the previous car though plenty of threads on that!

PS I also have the side steps and love them!
XCRoman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 12:12   #8
Pikkie

I’ve recently gone from Momentum to Inscription and a friend has the R Design. My thoughts as follows:

Momentum has decent spec but the Inscription seats are far more comfortable and avoid the R-Design completely if you don’t like firm seats. Wheels, I’d stick with the 20” wheels. Air suspension is a nice to have on 20” rims and a necessity on anthything bigger.

Aux Heater - nice to have but we went through two Highland winters with our Momentum and simply used the phone app to start/warm her.

4 zone climate AND rear heated seats. If you regularly have people in the back outer seats they will love you for these.

ApplePlay - very nice integration, we use it all the time.

iPad holders - if you do long journeys and have kids in the back, they can watch without putting strain on their necks by looking down at a handheld unit. Expensive but can be retrofitted by dealer. Two Powered USB ports per iPad unit too.

Side steps - if you aren’t very tall they are useful for getting things on and off the roof. Alternatively a tow bar + bike rack could be an option if that is your poison.

Tinted windows - apart from looks, do help keep interior cooler.

Family pack useful if you find you need to carry an addition kid from time to time.

HUD is superb - first time I’ve had one and it is a brilliant tool.

Think that’s about it. I have most options on my car so feel free to ask away.
Pikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 18:52   #9
gaby
Premier Member

I have read some negative comments (on Swedespeed perhaps) about the seat extension of the
seats that have this feature. But I can't comment myself since our car doesn't have them.
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 19:23   #10
Lexman8
Premier Member

I have extensions on my Momentum seats and find they do make a worthwhile difference, particularly on long journeys.

The ideal setting is to adjust them so that they support your thighs right up to the back of your knees but without putting any pressure on the top of your calves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post: