Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Map download updates

Views : 7201

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 11th, 2017, 15:55   #1
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default Map download updates

I notice that you can now sellect the part of europe you need to download, from Volvo support downloads, which is much better for me as I never travel abroad so I can just update GB/Ireland/Iceland at 1.77gb, rather than the full 42gb map update.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 16:53   #2
tem
Premier Member

That is how the download site used to be, then they stopped allowing one just to select specific regions.
Pleased to see the option has returned, as not everyone wants/needs to download the whole of Europe, especially if they have a slow internet connection.

tem.
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 17:22   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
That is how the download site used to be, then they stopped allowing one just to select specific regions.
Pleased to see the option has returned, as not everyone wants/needs to download the whole of Europe, especially if they have a slow internet connection.

tem.
Yes I only have our region in my maps from when it was like that, so can now update it
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 17:34   #4
steadvex
Master Member

I just had a 32gb USB delivered as I only had 16gb ones about, when did this change I'm sure Sunday was still 21gb?

I imagine the massively decreases install time in the car too!
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 18:33   #5
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadvex View Post
I just had a 32gb USB delivered as I only had 16gb ones about, when did this change I'm sure Sunday was still 21gb?

I imagine the massively decreases install time in the car too!
Not sure where you were looking, but the full European map update is 42.37GB and you need a 64GB USB for this.
The individual regions are of course a lot smaller.

tem.
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 18:46   #6
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Not sure where you were looking, but the full European map update is 42.37GB and you need a 64GB USB for this.
The individual regions are of course a lot smaller.

tem.
Ah.

I must of been looking at the older systems... Whoops!
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 20:30   #7
pagan8c
Master Member

I Just downloaded the maps for UK,Ireland and (Greenland) 1183, this was the Central or Western European map. It didn't take long to download but took around an hour to install but that was with stopping and starting the car . I have had no trouble with the Navigation since so it appears to have gone in alright using my onboard 3 data card.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2017, 09:02   #8
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
I Just downloaded the maps for UK,Ireland and (Greenland) 1183, this was the Central or Western European map. It didn't take long to download but took around an hour to install but that was with stopping and starting the car . I have had no trouble with the Navigation since so it appears to have gone in alright using my onboard 3 data card.
When I downloaded the N Europe (UK) region only I couldn't get it to recognise the update. I had to install the whole 42gig. The file structure looked completely different on the segmented update..
Old Jul 18th, 2017, 09:58   #9
Lexman8
Premier Member

I applied the latest update a few days ago and for the first time in a year of ownership it now shows my car on the drive instead of one or two streets away as it did before (but only if I drove home from the east - weird). I don't know if it's the actual map data that has changed or a tweak of the position calculating algorithms.

However, a country road near the village that has a 60 mph limit (and was previously shown as such) is now showing as 30 mph on Sensus. One step forward...
Old Jul 18th, 2017, 10:00   #10
Quacker
Premier Member

The answer, I think, is to download the UK area section directly through your phone, tethered by wifi to your car, if the car hasn't got its own VOC data modem and your SIM card.
The file is less than 200mb and it has installed twice over the months on mine with no problem whatsoever.