Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any ideas about missed service schedule/warranty etc?

Views : 1447

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2020, 20:10   #11
Premier Member

I received the following message from my dealer today; I think it sums up the current situation perfectly and should go some way to allaying people’s worries about servicing, warranties and MOT’s.

To our valued customers,

Your safety is our number one priority.

Following the Government Advice, Clelands will be temporarily closing until at least 15th April or further advice from the UK Government. Our priority is to protect our colleagues, customers and communities and to play our part in helping to reduce the further spread of the COVID-19 virus.

We would like to thank all Clelands colleagues and customers for their dedication and commitment over the last few weeks as we have endeavoured to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all throughout this unprecedented period.

If you currently have a service or MOT due do not be concerned since your warranty will not be affected and the DVSA have extended due MOT dates for a period of 6 months. When we do open up for business we will be in touch to rebook your car for a time that suits you.

We recognise the importance of keeping our NHS colleagues and other essential users, such as emergency services and carers, safely on the roads. If you have any technical queries or concerns, please phone us and your call will automatically be diverted to a member of the team.

Although our showrooms will be closed, you can still visit our website or social media pages and communicate with us if you have any questions.

Over the coming weeks, we will continue to keep everyone updated through our website news pages and social media.

We hope it will not be too long until we can welcome you back and continue to provide our usual customer experience.

To all our local communities, customers and staff; please stay safe and positive, follow all recommended government guidelines and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Visit www.clelands.co.uk for updates
Clelands of The Borders Ltd
Melrose Road
Galashiels
TD1 2UH
01896 757575
www.clelands.co.uk
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 23:20   #12
Roosterb

Mine was due a service today. The dealer told me not a problem as they could prove the cancellation.
Old Mar 26th, 2020, 08:52   #13
jamei305

Showrooms must close but workshops can remain open, although some dealers are closing them.

I got this message from Volvo:

"Our retailer partners are responding to advice from the government and closing their showrooms, whilst many are keeping online activities and phone lines open to speak with you. The government’s guidelines allow workshops to remain open, and we are working to ensure that a national coverage of repair facilities is available to you during this period. If you are unable to contact your retailer for any reason, please contact our Customer Relations team on on 01628 422522 and we will assist you."
jamei305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2020, 09:43   #14
big square car

Even if workshops are allowed to open am I allowed to drive 15 miles to get my car serviced? I'm due at the end of April
big square car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2020, 09:53   #15
BroadwayBlueshirt

This is what I got

To our valued customers,

Your safety is our number one priority.

Following the Government Advice, Lloyd Motor Group will be temporarily closing all of our retailers and Bodyshops until further notice. Our priority is to protect our colleagues, customers and communities and to play our part in helping to reduce the further spread of the COVID-19 virus.

We would like to thank all Lloyd Motor Group colleagues and customers for their dedication and commitment over the last few weeks as we have endeavoured to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all throughout this unprecedented period.

If you currently have a service or MOT booked with us prior to the 14th April, or have placed an order and are awaiting the delivery of a new vehicle, we will be in touch with you shortly.

We recognise the importance of keeping our NHS colleagues and other essential users, such as emergency services and carers, safely on the roads. If you have any technical queries or concerns, please phone us and your call will automatically be diverted to a member of the team.

Although our retailers and bodyshops will be closed, you can still visit our website or social media pages and communicate with us if you have any questions.

Over the coming weeks, we will continue to keep everyone updated through our website news pages and social media.

We hope it will not be too long until we can welcome you back and continue to provide our usual customer experience.

To all our local communities, customers and staff; please stay safe and positive, follow all recommended government guidelines and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lloyd Motor Group
www.lloydmotorgroup.com
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 11:20   #16
DriverDen

Default Repairs Only

In summary it seems that Volvo are open for any repairs, but Servicing and MOTs will have to wait?

Seems inline with other advice re houses, in that emergency repairs are allowed, but nothing else.
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 11:31   #17
daverey

Had a response back from Volvo UK (via email):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

As a temporary measure we are extending the Warranty from 36 months / 60,000 miles to 37 months / 61,000 miles until the 30th April 2020, this should help support any customers whose Warranty has expired during this period of lockdown. We are constantly reviewing the situation and will take actions as required to support all our customers.

For servicing it is important to keep vehicles running and safe, if a customer is on lockdown, then their driving would be minimal but we would ask that they take precautions – check their oil and fluid levels.

We will not invalidate warranty if a car is beyond the 13 months service limitations during this time, but if the car is due on mileage for the safety and reliability of the car, especially our key workers, there are many Volvo workshops still open to support.

If the car is serviced past the interval then this will not invalidate or void the warranty, however if the car experiences something such as an engine failure, due to lack of or poor servicing, then this may affect how we review it here in Customer Relations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 13:49   #18
Lasher
XC60 MY18

I think it depends on the individual dealer.
My local dealer is running a skeleton staff to carry out work including servicing but I am limited to “call us on the day you have it booked and we will let you know whether we can do it or not”.

With regards to the impact on warranty, under normal circumstances, the warranty would not be impacted (Volvo told me) if you were a month overdue. But these are not normal circumstances.

However, if the Government is alllowing 6 months grace on MOT, I cannot see why Volvo would not be a little flexible regarding scheduled maintenance.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 15:08   #19
daverey

I interpret the email I had from Volvo UK as saying if you miss the time-based service window (ie annually) due to the current situation then there's no impact on Warranty, but if you then trip over the mileage-based interval you should find a dealer that is open for servicing.

Selfishly works for me as there's no way I'll do the miles to trip the distance interval, so I'm alright, but if I was driving 50 miles to a dealer to get a service as the miles were up I'm not sure the police would view this favorably as an "essential" trip??