Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11348

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2017, 15:15   #71
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrainbow View Post
I have the same worries - what are they doing to my car? It's kinda taken the shine off the whole brand new car thing, it's now a used car. I'm not at all happy with the way the dealers have dealt with it too, or haven't dealt with it as I've had to contact them again and again for updates rather than them keeping me informed.
But, in a fit of angry internet searching I've found a almost new xc90 that is an inscription pro with all the conceivable extras rather than the momentum pro with all the extras I had ordered, and I'm beginning to wonder wether to tell the dealer to poke it and buy the used one from a different dealer. Now that my brand new car is actually a used car.
£500 compensation is pants - if I decide to still go ahead then I want much more as it's a used car.
At the very least, tell your dealer that you've found another car and unless they make a substantive offer regarding 'your' car, you will go elsewhere.

Cars chosen for this testing should not then be supplied to customers as if nothing has happened.
Old Sep 5th, 2017, 16:16   #72
Samrainbow

Thank you all for being so supportive, I half expected to be told to stop being so dramatic and just be grateful I'm getting a new car!

We've put the thought into the dealers head by asking about their cancellation policy, and hubby has contacted the other dealer about the alternative car (which the more I think about it may be the better option). I still remain bloody angry about the whole situation, especially when they just keep telling me it's a manufacturers issue not them as a dealer (er hello, you ARE the manufacturers) But you're right that this shouldn't be allowed to happen to a customers vehicle, and especially not without some recompense.

Still angry and still wish I didn't have to get a 7 seater so I could ditch Volvo completely. But then I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face, so probably best I can't.

First world problems eh!
Samrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 09:14   #73
Samrainbow

Ok, so decision made. Hubby is speaking to the other dealer today about the 6 month old fully loaded inscription they have, so hopefully by the end of today I may be the soon to be proud owner of a "slightly older than I wanted but full of toys" xc90 rather than a "still waiting (not so patiently now) for a kidnapped vehicle that's having god alone knows what done to it" xc90. Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 10:43   #74
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Ok, so decision made. Hubby is speaking to the other dealer today about the 6 month old fully loaded inscription they have, so hopefully by the end of today I may be the soon to be proud owner of a "slightly older than I wanted but full of toys" xc90 rather than a "still waiting (not so patiently now) for a kidnapped vehicle that's having god alone knows what done to it" xc90. Fingers crossed.
That's probably the best way forward, it's usually my preference when buying a car, there is a big saving to be made and you will get a higher spec car to boot. I find that brand new car affect soon wears off.
Good luck.
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 07:56   #75
andyfromembsay

Anyone with an imminent delivery had an update from their dealer yet? Mine's due to arrive with the dealer Monday, and I have heard of people getting reg numbers and things pre-arrival. I haven't chased mine for a week or two!
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 08:41   #76
filace

I had to actively chase mine, but they've been happy to update me when I asked.

I got my reg number mid-August (apparently that's when they get the allocation from the DVLA) - only minor niggle was that I couldn't choose from a list, so I just got allocated one (not really a big deal).

Car should be with the dealer now, they're PDIing it and it's ready for pick up on Monday. This ties in with what they've said to me before - delivery to dealer on ~6th Sept. and collection around a week later, max.

You'll need the reg number pre-arrival as you'll have to sort out insurance. They should be able to allocate that to you now - the dealer will have a pool, they just need to pull one of the list and mark it as for your car - once it arrives they can register it with the DVLA.
filace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to filace For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 09:17   #77
andyfromembsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by filace View Post
I had to actively chase mine, but they've been happy to update me when I asked.

I got my reg number mid-August (apparently that's when they get the allocation from the DVLA) - only minor niggle was that I couldn't choose from a list, so I just got allocated one (not really a big deal).

Car should be with the dealer now, they're PDIing it and it's ready for pick up on Monday. This ties in with what they've said to me before - delivery to dealer on ~6th Sept. and collection around a week later, max.

You'll need the reg number pre-arrival as you'll have to sort out insurance. They should be able to allocate that to you now - the dealer will have a pool, they just need to pull one of the list and mark it as for your car - once it arrives they can register it with the DVLA.
Yep, thanks - that's why I wanted the reg number to get the insurance sorted.

May drop the dealer a note today to ask.
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 13:23   #78
Samrainbow

Well I'm sorted! My ordered car is still somewhere in Sweden being tested by who knows what doing who knows what so it's been cancelled. Instead I'm picking up this little lobster on Monday. Cons - it's not brand brand new. Pros - it's more car than I was getting for less money, and I can tell the rubbish dealers to do one! Happy Friday! http://lifeonshow.vo.loscdn.net/1536...U17JXT-e01.jpg
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 13:30   #79
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Well I'm sorted! My ordered car is still somewhere in Sweden being tested by who knows what doing who knows what so it's been cancelled. Instead I'm picking up this little lobster on Monday. Cons - it's not brand brand new. Pros - it's more car than I was getting for less money, and I can tell the rubbish dealers to do one! Happy Friday! http://lifeonshow.vo.loscdn.net/1536...U17JXT-e01.jpg
Good move, enjoy that chat with your dealer!

:wq
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 14:35   #80
Bernard F

Quote:
I have followed your story from day one and am convinced you have a fairy tale ending. In my mind a six month Inscription Pro with goodies is better value than any Momentum even at a higher price and it was not. Add to this a lucky escape from the Jaguar from a quality and reliability point of view, and I speak as a life long ex owner.
God luck with your new car and enjoy every moment as I am sure you will.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote