Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 D5 2005 Lower radiator hose

Views : 436

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 00:11   #1
BillDD5

Default XC70 D5 2005 Lower radiator hose

Hi,
My XC70 D5 (2005 163hp) has been off the road for two weeks now whilst I try and source a replacement lower radiator hose which had developed a tiny split near the EGR cooler. It’s part number 8671573 and seems to be totally unobtainable in the UK!

In the hope of getting a genuine Volvo part it has been ordered through a local main dealer but it seems that there is nothing in stock in mainland Europe or Sweden even.

Is this a part that rarely fails on this model or is it a sign of obsolescence of the D5, Brexit, Covid19.... etc. etc.?

I have been considering a ‘used’ one from a breakers but the hose is a big job to get at so didn’t want to have to do the job more than once.

Missing being able to drive my XC... Bill
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 10:19   #2
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

found one on ebay, about £55 inc postage ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373433167...YAAOSwCxtfv79S

bear in mind though the last time I got something in from poland it was followed by a seperate fedex bill for import costs, it was a mig welder about £500 and the bill was about £120

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:30   #3
BillDD5

Default Is it genuine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
found one on ebay, about £55 inc postage ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373433167...YAAOSwCxtfv79S

bear in mind though the last time I got something in from poland it was followed by a seperate fedex bill for import costs, it was a mig welder about £500 and the bill was about £120
Thank you for this suggestion. We looked at these offered on eBay including a couple from Lithuania but there is a question of whether it would be OE quality and some of the delivery times were longer than the 10-days the Volvo dealer originally quoted.

Bill
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:41   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDD5 View Post
Hi,
My XC70 D5 (2005 163hp) has been off the road for two weeks now whilst I try and source a replacement lower radiator hose which had developed a tiny split near the EGR cooler. It’s part number 8671573 and seems to be totally unobtainable in the UK!

In the hope of getting a genuine Volvo part it has been ordered through a local main dealer but it seems that there is nothing in stock in mainland Europe or Sweden even.

Is this a part that rarely fails on this model or is it a sign of obsolescence of the D5, Brexit, Covid19.... etc. etc.?

I have been considering a ‘used’ one from a breakers but the hose is a big job to get at so didn’t want to have to do the job more than once.

Missing being able to drive my XC... Bill
It's almost unheard of for a Vovo water hose to go however old it is , unless it has been contaminated by oil ... or damaged by a misplaced hose or pipe rubbing on it . It may be possible to modify another very similar hose from and older model ?
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:42   #5
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDD5 View Post
..there is a question of whether it would be OE quality...
yeah well that is always the question to be fair, it SAYS it is, but there's not 100% guarantee... in my experience so far, any time I've ordered a 'genuine' part it has arrived in a genuine looking blue Volvo box. could just be luck for me I suppose

then again it is only a bit of tubing, how far wrong can you really go.. as long as it's the right size and shape, and it doesnt leak?

if it was a mechanical or electrical part i'd be more concerned

just out of curiosity how much did the stealership charge for it. sometimes these bits actually arent that expensive from them anyway

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Jun 23rd, 2021 at 11:45.
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 13:47   #6
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Don't be fooled by claims. Hoses, belts and weatherstrips can be horridly cheap. Uro comes to mind.
As Clan said, Volvo hoses are unbelievably long lived.
The lower hose, at least in the petrol engines, is quite long and uniquely shaped. I'd hold out no hope of finding any similar, "modifiable" hose.

I'd go with the 10 day wait your dealer quoted.
Georgeandkira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 10:00   #7
BillDD5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
yeah well that is always the question to be fair, it SAYS it is, but there's not 100% guarantee... in my experience so far, any time I've ordered a 'genuine' part it has arrived in a genuine looking blue Volvo box. could just be luck for me I suppose

then again it is only a bit of tubing, how far wrong can you really go.. as long as it's the right size and shape, and it doesnt leak?

if it was a mechanical or electrical part i'd be more concerned

just out of curiosity how much did the stealership charge for it. sometimes these bits actually arent that expensive from them anyway
I’ve bitten the bullet and have one coming from the Volvo parts seller in Poland as the UK dealer source couldn’t give me a definite delivery date nor price..

Looking at listings for hoses for various models shows that the OE hoses (or at least one source) are made in Poland so might strike lucky especially as the one I’ve paid-for carries the correct part number.

Thank you for all the replies.
Bill