Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stripping my 940

Views : 3278

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 13:44   #11
jdean299

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesntwos View Post
Does the glovebox cylinder lock work? I could do with one of those!
I will check today and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
Is this car a CD model?, if so does it have a ambient temperature gauge? and does it have cruise control?
Thanks
Not sure if it is a CD model. It does have a temp gauge but I don't think it works. And yes it has cruise control, do you want any of the system?
jdean299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 13:49   #12
jdean299

Turbo:

Injectors:

Interior:

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 17:54   #13
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default pm

pm ==send
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:53   #14
rizky

Hi, could you PM me your email address pls. I would like to ask some part & discuss regarding the shipping if possible. Thx
rizky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 22:55   #15
rockheadrumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean299 View Post
I will pm you a pic tomorro, cheers

Nah, intercoolers are overrated. Joke, will be putting a larger one on it. Currently looking into a chargecooler as well, they look pretty snazzy
The cheap rs500 one off ebay are a good fit and massive! depends what year it is though, if you have the small radiator that came on i think 97 and before there good, late 97 and 98 had massive radiators as i found out after it fit on my p reg but not my r reg.

charge coolers are only really better if the intercooler is in a sh1t place like on top of an mr2 engine in the back where its not at the front of the car and doesn't have direct airflow. that way you can put the charge cooler radiator in the front of the car and run the coolant pipes to the back. plus they do add some weight.

joe
rockheadrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:07   #16
jdean299

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockheadrumble View Post
The cheap rs500 one off ebay are a good fit and massive! depends what year it is though, if you have the small radiator that came on i think 97 and before there good, late 97 and 98 had massive radiators as i found out after it fit on my p reg but not my r reg.

charge coolers are only really better if the intercooler is in a sh1t place like on top of an mr2 engine in the back where its not at the front of the car and doesn't have direct airflow. that way you can put the charge cooler radiator in the front of the car and run the coolant pipes to the back. plus they do add some weight.

joe
Don't think i'll go any larger than 3" with the intercooler as I don't want the increased lag. Yeh, I have the small radiator but also no a/c radiator so there is enough room to fit a bus in there. And because it won't see the road I don't mind cutting bits out of her to make an intercooler fit in.
As for the charge cooler, I wouldn't be doing the full circulating water setup. Just bunging in a bucket of ice, salt and water every now and again. More of a safety feature when the car is going to get a lot of abuse
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:48   #17
rockheadrumble

have a look at the rs500 intercoolers then mate, there a perfect size and the inlet outlet pipes are spot on. 3" pipes are quite big but i never noticed anymore lag when i fitted1 to my 940. thing is there 3" but there only really short each side so its not that much space to fill.

joe
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 20:54   #18
jdean299

Sorry man, I was referring to the core thickness being 3". I had a look at the RS500 intercoolers there now but they are only 45mm thick, but they do look like a similar shape to the original. I don't mind what diameter the inlet and outlet pipes are.
What kind of setup are you running?
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 18:44   #19
rockheadrumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean299 View Post
Sorry man, I was referring to the core thickness being 3". I had a look at the RS500 intercoolers there now but they are only 45mm thick, but they do look like a similar shape to the original. I don't mind what diameter the inlet and outlet pipes are.
What kind of setup are you running?
They are only 45mm thick but there huge compare to the 3" thick intercoolers.

At the mo im running

garrett t28 set at 20psi, full bosst by 2600 rpm
forge mbc
3" throttle body
960 maf
vxr injectors
AEM air/fuel gauge
boost gauge
cone filter
3" straight through exhaust, hks back box

lowered 40mm
rear diff mod
adj panyard rod

iv not fitted my intercooler yet as it wont fit like i said. my plan is to get a alloy rad so it will fit.

im guessing somewhere around 250 bhp, total guess though. going to the drag strip on sunday so il have a time to go off, vpcuk volvo meet at shakespear raceway.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 21:54   #20
jdean299

Very good.
I'm know the rs500 intercooler is 100mm taller but it is only 60% of the thickness of the typical ebay 3" intercooler. Meaning the typical ebay 3" has a lot more volume.

My AEM wideband just arrived today from America and my new turbo arrived last week. I better get shifting and decide on an intercooler.

Tags
940 intercooler, 940 seats, 940 turbo, parts for sale, volvo 940 estate