Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone about to hand back a lease Volvo?

Views : 3640

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2020, 00:08   #11
Quacker
Premier Member

Mine has been resheduled for picking up from 31st March to 10th May. Had a letter from Santader telling me to reinstate my cancelled direct debit or send a cheque for £28300. This leads me to believe that they would have collected another two months of rent if they could.
It is their problem now. Nothing to do with me that they can’t collect it. I can’t drive it anywhere either. Will keep insurance on it until they eventually manage to collect it though.
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 14:00   #12
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Mine has been resheduled for picking up from 31st March to 10th May. Had a letter from Santader telling me to reinstate my cancelled direct debit or send a cheque for £28300. This leads me to believe that they would have collected another two months of rent if they could.
It is their problem now. Nothing to do with me that they can’t collect it. I can’t drive it anywhere either. Will keep insurance on it until they eventually manage to collect it though.
I wouldn’t be sending a cheque for £28300 either
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 16:07   #13
ksmi
Master Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
If you get bored in 'lock down' Quacker, perhaps you could send Them an invoice for long term (insured) parking of their car?

Regards,Keith.
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 17:30   #14
soupytwister
Master Member

This is what I got from Lex. Essentially they will insure it. Not clarified the road tax situation if it’s kept on the road.

· If you no longer wish to use the vehicle

· You will need to keep the vehicle safe (preferably parked off-road) and in your possession until collection can be arranged.

· Once parked, you must stop using the vehicle with immediate effect.

· Please confirm your intention to end the vehicle contract and complete the below ‘Further Information Required’ section

· Please do not drive the vehicle further from this point; further charges may apply if the vehicle is driven beyond the final mileage captured or the agreed termination date.

· As you will no longer be using the vehicle, you can cancel your motor insurance policy as we will arrange alternative cover for the vehicle from the agreed termination date. Please note you will no longer be insured on this vehicle and must not drive it.

· Your contract termination will be backdated to the agreed date noted below. Any rental invoices raised between the agreed termination date and the collection date will not be charged.

· You may still receive invoices for the vehicle monthly rental during this interim period. Please ignore these letters.

· You will still be liable for any excess mileage charges if you have exceeded the mileage allowance during the contract, in line with your original agreement terms and conditions.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 23:39   #15
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmi View Post
If you get bored in 'lock down' Quacker, perhaps you could send Them an invoice for long term (insured) parking of their car?

Regards,Keith.
They would certainly do so to me. I think the going rate is around £50/day plus VAT
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 00:10   #16
soupytwister
Master Member

Did have to ROFL at the £28300 ask. I’ll stop my d/d as well just to see what offer I get. Just in case they make a decimal point error and it becomes £2830
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 00:11   #17
soupytwister
Master Member

Although I don’t really wish any company ill will in these current times. It’s as bad for everyone right now and there’s employees scared for their jobs behind every company.

To be fair to Lex (Volvo Finance), their offer and terms seem fair. They’ll insure it, and just ask me to ensure it is safe - which is the same as I have been doing for 3 years. So seems they’re being reasonable about it. I shouldn’t expect “free use” just because it is still in my possession to be fair. If someone comes along and tries to steal it or break into it, the insurance is there to compensate. I’ll have kept it as safe as I can but can’t account for lowlife.

Last edited by soupytwister; Apr 6th, 2020 at 00:17.
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 08:49   #18
LexV90

My Abarth 124 handback last week (which my V90 "replaced", lol) was painless. They had a driver sent over within 3 days of the handback request, well before the projected collection date, gave my car a clean damage certificate (despite being scratched, dented and filthy and kerbed to hell). Super quick and painless process. Far better than dealing with WBAC last time who higlighted every microscopic imperfection on my Skoda Superb.

Despite the risk of handback penalties with PCH I'm now a much bigger fan of the method over PCP now, last three times with PCP it's been a pain getting a decent handback value from dealers.
LexV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2020, 23:25   #19
Quacker
Premier Member

Collection of my XC90, which was due originally for the 31st March, has been put back for a second time, now to the first week in June.
Old Apr 15th, 2020, 21:41   #20
Quacker
Premier Member

Went to fetch some spare parts for essential equipment today from about seven miles away. Just before going, I idled the car at a standstill on the yard and 'POP-shhhh'! The Power Pulse pipe burst. Phoned the dealer and they are closed for the duration. Oh well, it's out of warranty anyway. Drives fine with the burst but will now avoid any use of it until it's collected.