Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Powerpulse pipe gone.

Views : 828

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2020, 16:58   #1
karlak

Default Powerpulse pipe gone.

Had the Orange Engine light come on today and had to call assistance.

PowerPusle pipe has come off. What is strange though is that I didn't notice any pop, bang or such like noise. All I noticed is the Engine warn light. Seems weird that we have towed our caravan all over the place and I dont hang around when doing that, then it just goes on a normal local journey today.

For those of you that have had PP pipe issues, did you also get the orange light ?

Will now have to see when we can get it repaired given the current Dealership closures. Assistance will sort us a hire car if needed, so all good.

G Reg 240 GL Estate automatic.
karlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 17:31   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlak View Post
Had the Orange Engine light come on today and had to call assistance.

PowerPusle pipe has come off. What is strange though is that I didn't notice any pop, bang or such like noise. All I noticed is the Engine warn light. Seems weird that we have towed our caravan all over the place and I dont hang around when doing that, then it just goes on a normal local journey today.

For those of you that have had PP pipe issues, did you also get the orange light ?

Will now have to see when we can get it repaired given the current Dealership closures. Assistance will sort us a hire car if needed, so all good.
I did not get any warning lights at all when my PP went, it did go with a loud bursting noise though, I was doing about 5 mph in a car park at the time, I drove it for weeks like that and could hardly tell any difference if any. A few weeks ago I had the parking brake and auto hold fault lights come on and had to get software updated to fix that issue, they diagnosed the PP hose and fixed that while there.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 18:04   #3
karlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I did not get any warning lights at all when my PP went, it did go with a loud bursting noise though, I was doing about 5 mph in a car park at the time, I drove it for weeks like that and could hardly tell any difference if any. A few weeks ago I had the parking brake and auto hold fault lights come on and had to get software updated to fix that issue, they diagnosed the PP hose and fixed that while there.
This is what I find confusing.. No bang or noise and to be honest I cannot hear a whistle. Does feel a little "lumpy", but nothing really bad.. Anyway, not driving it now until it gets fixed,

Assistance fella did show me where is had come loose though.

Just checked a photo online and it is the PP pipe. So no idea why I am getting an engine management light when others may not have..

Last edited by karlak; Mar 29th, 2020 at 18:06.
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 01:26   #4
Jackysi

PP pipe does not do engine warning lights. So it must be something else.
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 19:07   #5
warwick

No orange light when mine went. If you open the bonnet and watch the PP Pipe you can clearly see it expand under pressure as the compressor kicks in so speed/load etc is I guess not particularily relevant to when it bursts.
warwick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to warwick For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 09:23   #6
karlak

Was lucky enough to get the car into a Dealership.

The pipe had come away, but the Orange management light was caused by something to do with the Adblue. A software update should resolve that. Car should be brought back today.

Have to say,, Volvo customer services have been superb in the help they have provided.

The Following User Says Thank You to karlak For This Useful Post: