Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135768

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 16th, 2018, 19:51   #421
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
I'd agree with most of your comments. It's not perfect, but the competition all have various failings. I did try a CRV immediately before the XC60 test drive. It's a perfectly decent car, but the engine is less powerful. Looking at the 'new generation' cars, it's good to see the XC60 is rated highly against all the current competition.
It was down to the XC60 and CRV (bigger boot, better inside storage but a silly all glass roof, and as you say it not quite as powerful; it just felt less smooth. The third option was a Hyundai santa fe which felt agricultural in comparison.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellwalker For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 16:46   #422
Fellwalker

Is this common and does it have a solution that doesn't involve expensive time in the Volvo garage?
The boot does not always open when pressing the rubber button above the number plate. It unlocks but does not move. Often it now needs a second harder press to open.

Just been to look at the Skoda Karoq. Sadly a smaller boot that wouldn't fit the golf gear, but a nifty washer for the reversing camera - so you can actually see what is behind you when you need to, unlike the XC60 where it is usually covered in crud from the road, or moisture. Also it is centrally positioned so you'd probably get a better view of where you are actually going. (The more I try to use them, the more I hate the lines on the screen supposedly showing where you are reversing.)
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 18:04   #423
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
Is this common and does it have a solution that doesn't involve expensive time in the Volvo garage?
The boot does not always open when pressing the rubber button above the number plate. It unlocks but does not move. Often it now needs a second harder press to open.

Just been to look at the Skoda Karoq. Sadly a smaller boot that wouldn't fit the golf gear, but a nifty washer for the reversing camera - so you can actually see what is behind you when you need to, unlike the XC60 where it is usually covered in crud from the road, or moisture. Also it is centrally positioned so you'd probably get a better view of where you are actually going. (The more I try to use them, the more I hate the lines on the screen supposedly showing where you are reversing.)
I'd get the dealer to look at the boot. Boot problems are expensive out of warranty.
I've found if you stand by the boot it invariably does NOT open with the key fob. Walk a few metres away and it does. Obviously the perimeter sensor is too sensitive and 'thinks' the key is inside the car.
Interesting about the Skoda rear camera. Totally agree about the crud on the XC60 lens, especially at this time of year.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 18:16   #424
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
I'd get the dealer to look at the boot. Boot problems are expensive out of warranty.
I've found if you stand by the boot it invariably does NOT open with the key fob. Walk a few metres away and it does. Obviously the perimeter sensor is too sensitive and 'thinks' the key is inside the car.
Interesting about the Skoda rear camera. Totally agree about the crud on the XC60 lens, especially at this time of year.
Thanks Nigel. I was afraid of that.
I've found mine often ignores the key fob button. As I mostly use the KESSY I wouldn't have thought the battery would need replacing yet.
PS I'm jealous of your signature - well, the heated steering wheel which was no longer an option for MY16.
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 16:35   #425
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
Thanks Nigel. I was afraid of that.
I've found mine often ignores the key fob button. As I mostly use the KESSY I wouldn't have thought the battery would need replacing yet.
PS I'm jealous of your signature - well, the heated steering wheel which was no longer an option for MY16.
heated steering wheel is TERRIFIC....
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 19:43   #426
Wilfsoft
New Volvo

Default Good and Bad

MY18 model (new shape) is very good. Major niggles;

I can no longer use my GPX file (circa 520 locations) with the new Sensus satnav!

Hill descent control only available in off road mode!!

R-Design does not come with full leather (and I did not know until I picked it up)

Fantastic car never the less.
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 20:27   #427
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfsoft View Post
I can no longer use my GPX file (circa 520 locations) with the new Sensus satnav!
This is most strange - and disappointing. I have over 900 waypoints in the UK and Europe and regularly update / synchronise them with my Garmin. Hopefully this will change when Volvo migrate over to TomTom next year.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 13:43   #428
losboz

That's a categorical no from me

Useless
losboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 14:12   #429
NASHY123

I'm not ........I'm having a few marital problems at the moment and struggling to maintain any sort of meaningful relationship with my teenage son.

Can you help ?
NASHY123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 10:52   #430
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Not a happy owner.
Only had this XC60 2013 R Design 8 weeks, 50k on the clock, i have had five trips back to garage to get "Engine Service" light sorted, fault clearing and two sensors fitted? and still it comes on, booked into Dealership, 10:00 booking, 3 and a quarter hours later they had not even looked at it, re-booked it for the next week, 10:30 booked slot, see if they can sort it out, and to think i part exchanged my Jeep Cherokee Sport for this trouble some heap.
One redeeming factor for this XC60,
It pulls our caravan better than the Jeep.
Better MPG.
Cheaper road TAX.
Comfy Seats.
Better Sound System.
More cargo room to chuck crap in.
The Ridge Rider is offline   Reply With Quote