Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 gone back mercedes GLE replaced it

Views : 1139

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2019, 08:11   #1
Panzernacker

Default XC90 T8 gone back mercedes GLE replaced it

Hi all, after 14 months of issues and 10 returns to the dealer the XC90 was returned to the leasing company and a mercedes GLE 2019 model replaced it.

I loved the XC90 when it worked and it was my favourite car I ever had. But I could not put up with the returns to garage, the senus always doing something it shouldn't and the completely crap dealer.

So far (few days) the Merc is a really really good car. It is about on par with the XC90 for me. But with added bonus of stuff working. Also the switching between profiles OMFG it is so fast. There are too many options in the computer. But once setup like the XC90 there is little need to change.

Good luck all with the Volvo's. Friday car maybe , poor dealer defiantly. So much potential on the XC90. I maybe back but not this generation.
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 10:14   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

TBH I had an AMG GLA 45 and that had more than a few issues as well, in the end a new gearbox. I got shot of that after 18 months to get the XC60 T8, and so far bar a few minor software issues that make no difference to the car driving, it has been great for 17k miles and now a year old
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 00:39   #3
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Can you upload some pics?

The new GLE tempts me a bit but it looks a bit funny from some angles and on the wrong suspension apparently it isn't great. The old GLE handled really badly, like a short stubby boat of sorts!

Got any thoughts about it so far? I know the new MBUX system is supposed to be pretty decent though!

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 06:41   #4
Panzernacker

I really like it. The setup seems good for UK pothole roads. It isn't on air like the t8 and rides a lot better than my t8 did (disclaimer it could be that mine was cr4p). The mbux is bloody fast at connecting. The profile switching and changes are lightning quick. Power is more than good enough. Augmented sat nav is just bloody brilliant. Maybe too many options to choose on the car. But most sorted now so will not go near them that much again. Sound on th base system is good. But it was on the t8. No issues so far. But as it is a computer on wheels I will expect some. Just not the amount of differing ones in areas in had on th t8. Tbf if this is a pile of cak after a while I will send it back and go back to Hyundai lol. Very very happy with it so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20190609_083020.jpg (143.2 KB, 93 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Panzernacker For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 19:57   #5
AB-UK
Premier Member

I'm guessing it isn't the hybrid GLE though, so not an equivalent swap for the T8? (This is assuming it was a Hybrid T8 you had?)
The GLE hybrid always looked like an afterthought by MB - the batteries took up a lot of the boot space.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 20:57   #6
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
I'm guessing it isn't the hybrid GLE though, so not an equivalent swap for the T8? (This is assuming it was a Hybrid T8 you had?)
The GLE hybrid always looked like an afterthought by MB - the batteries took up a lot of the boot space.
What other sort of T8 do you get other than the hybrid one?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 00:43   #7
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Like the colour and do like the design!!!

How is the normal suspension?

Apparently the US/DE get a variant we don't that can control all 4 wheels - at a cost!!!

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 10:20   #8
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
What other sort of T8 do you get other than the hybrid one?
It seem that when one searches for a used Volvo on Volvo's own Selekt website, selecting "Hybrid" as a fuel type does not always return the same cars as when selecting "T8" for engine type.

It was my understanding that there was only one T8, the Hybrid, but Volvo appear to differ.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 10:32   #9
Milliner

The T8 is hybrid, but there's now the 'mild hybrid' B5 too. Maybe it's that.