Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 24140

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2019, 10:18   #41
JohnMilward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
Hi, I also gave up on mine - iphone 8 and ipad air both running ioS 12.4.1.
Try using a different browser as Safari can be unstable. Chrome is a good alternative.

But, make sure the car is online first (Globe in the top left of the centre screen). Without that, the car has no internet connection.
JohnMilward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 10:43   #42
Boxzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Ah, so apparently the refresh issue isn't the only issue...

What phones were you using for this and what browsers within the phones?....

I'm trying to collate the information to feedback to Volvo
Thank you again. I’m using an iPhone 11 and and an iPhone 7 both on iOS13 with both Safari and Chrome. All same.

Will try a Windows laptop later on thank you.

Previous: 1998 S70R manual saffron, 1996 855R auto grey, 1996 855 2.5 20V auto blue
Boxzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 10:50   #43
JohnMilward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxzoo View Post
Thank you again. I’m using an iPhone 11 and and an iPhone 7 both on iOS13 with both Safari and Chrome. All same.

Will try a Windows laptop later on thank you.
Make sure the car in online first with the Globe in the top left of the centre screen. If that's not there, the car isn't connected. Bit like joining a hotel wi-fi network and pressing cancel at the sign on screen - you're connected to the wi-fi....but to no internet connection.
JohnMilward is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnMilward For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 16:20   #44
Discoman

It’s working now!
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 18:24   #45
Boxzoo

Right so now I’m really annoyed!

I picked the car up on Monday and literally haven’t had a minute to fiddle with it or look in any detail. Found some time today and looked at settings. Beneath the one that creates the WiFi there is another setting called “car modem” or similar.

I went into that. Turned it on. Hey presto. All working just fine.

So seemingly the dealer who sat there with me trying to get it working for 45 minutes didn’t think or know to do that.

Anyway, I am grateful for all the advice and if this helps anyone I’m very glad.

Looking forward to the weekend when I can sit down and actually have a look at my car!

Previous: 1998 S70R manual saffron, 1996 855R auto grey, 1996 855 2.5 20V auto blue
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 18:34   #46
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

I did put a copy of the dealer and customer instructions on page 1 of this thread which covered this and the APN address, so please ensure this is followed and all the correct settings are changed

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 18:38   #47
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Right so now I’m really annoyed!

I picked the car up on Monday and literally haven’t had a minute to fiddle with it or look in any detail. Found some time today and looked at settings. Beneath the one that creates the WiFi there is another setting called “car modem” or similar.

I went into that. Turned it on. Hey presto. All working just fine.

So seemingly the dealer who sat there with me trying to get it working for 45 minutes didn’t think or know to do that.

Anyway, I am grateful for all the advice and if this helps anyone I’m very glad.

Looking forward to the weekend when I can sit down and actually have a look at my car!
i've had issues with my own MY20 car, and even though i've left this Car Modem turned on when registering, its had a habit of switching off when it didn't work properly as its always off when i hope back in the car after its been standing. i've not sat in it long enough stationary to see if it turns itself on automatically. maybe be it only stays on when its set up correctly?
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 19:48   #48
Boxzoo

Probably spoken to soon here. So now it’s all connected and all working apart from the fact it says there is no data in my plan so it won’t allow me to do anything. What the?!

Will call dealer tomorrow.

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 19:58   #49
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Probably spoken to soon here. So now it’s all connected and all working apart from the fact it says there is no data in my plan so it won’t allow me to do anything. What the?!

Will call dealer tomorrow.
Have you got all the settings correct from the pdf on page 1 of this thread?... You'll also need to connect your phone to the WiFi in the car (instructions in the pdf) and then set up an account with Vodafone for it to all work properly....

Edit: now attached to this post to save you going to page 1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p-sim---retailer-instructions (2).pdf (506.0 KB, 21 views)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Sep 25th, 2019 at 20:04.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 20:09   #50
Beavis
Premier Member

Default Reported Post by Beavis

Just tried mine and now registered successfully using google chrome on iPhone using latest iOS version. Worked first time and had email confirming 100gb.
Good luck to everyone else sorting theirs. And thank you to the Volvo dealer (milling??? Sorry I cannot see on this page) for their help in sorting this - my local dealer didn’t want to know or offer help or assistance

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Sep 25th, 2019 at 20:21.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote