Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear seat entertainment system XC90

Views : 35052

Replies : 170

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 14:37   #141
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Sent PM's to all, Thanks
Where's my PM Peter? I'm still waiting for you to fix the faulty media player you fitted.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 14:18   #142
Telsemman

Can you send me a qoute for 2 screens plus dvd player please fitted?
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 19:21   #143
Rossfitz

Default Rear DVD and question on cd player

Hello Peter

Just bought a 2004 XC90 and interested in 2 or 4 rear DVD system. Cd player also broken so interested in something that will enable CDs or Bluetooth music from iPhone if poss. Can you help? I'm in Leicestershire.

Thanks

Ross
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 19:50   #144
d0ris24

Default Thomson WHP550U Wireless Headphones for DVD

Can anyone help / advise please? I need one set and Volvo say they are obsolete. Many thanks
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 22:28   #145
Joe2086

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCF View Post
Hi,

I have had Peter (Elliot2) install Sat Nav and DVD / rears screens in my XC90 so can answer some of your questions...

Sat Nav is touchscreen and so far I am very pleased with it and the system is working very well ( have tried it in the UK and Europe)
It pops up like the Volvo screen and is the same size so it looks just like the Volvo screen.
It doesn't have bluetooth (would have been nice)
It does cover Europe ( western)
It doesn't do traffic yet though Peter says this should be available via update in future ( device SW appears to offer support for TMC)
Maps can be updated (SD card)

You can chose to have the sound via front speakers on a mute relay (like bluetooth phone etc) or as I did via a speaker under the sat nav screen and given the location I can hear it fine over the radio. It also avoids the sat nav cutting in / out and muting the speakers if the children are listening to DVD via car speakers.

Screen pops up / down on ignition, but there is also a remote to lower the screen manually. Peter also connected the screen to the DVD player so I can see what's on the rear headrest screens (obviously only when stationary).

The screen also has a connection for rear view camera (will switch to this automatically).

The satnav device also allows music / video to be played directly through it ( via SD Card or via USB connection) though I haven't tried this.

Ref the DVD/ screens. These are headrest mounted screens. I have 7 inch screens but Peter also supplies smaller (5.8inch ) screens that he originally supplied and fitted for Volvo into XC90s.

The DVD player is in the glovebox. The sound can be connected to the aux in - so can they be picked up via the rear seat headphone sockets, but the screens output the sound via IR and Peter supplies two pairs of IR folding headphones (batteries last ages) so I wouldn't imagine that you'd ever need to use the headphone sockets.

If you use the IR headphones then you can use the radio up front , though if you use the aux in and divert the sound via rear speakers instead of using the headphones then you can't have radio on as well ( understandably).

Hope this helps...
Thanks for the info regarding your System. Just about to buy our first XC90. Would love to know the cost of the Satnav and DVD via head rests. Based in Guildford, Surrey.

Peter can you PM me with a quote.

Thanks

Joe
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:23   #146
eglondon

Default headphones THOMSON WHP550U

Quote:
Have seen lots of points from people wanting or having problems with the rear seat entertainment system in the XC90. So there is no confusion this is the swivel screen system with 10 disc DVD mounted under the boot floor. I am able to supply all parts and supply or supply and fit complete systems. Peter
Hi, I break my headphones THOMSON WHP550U, I would like to buy it 1 or 2. Do you know where?, many thanks, Eric eglondon@sky.com
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 07:02   #147
Richard100

Hi
just bought a 2005 xc90, elliott2 seems to have done loads of screens or quotes on the forum.

How much ish is it to put two screens in with dvd?

Is there any way to get an aux connection into the existing stereo for ipod?

Does anyone have a garage or number that i can spk with on re other questions?

Thanks

Richard
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 21:03   #148
Bear79

Quote:
Have seen lots of points from people wanting or having problems with the rear seat entertainment system in the XC90. So there is no confusion this is the swivel screen system with 10 disc DVD mounted under the boot floor. I am able to supply all parts and supply or supply and fit complete systems. Peter
Hi Peter , I have an 04 plate xc90 with spec as above but require remote control and headphones. Would appreciate your help with this please. Many thanks Alan.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 13:48   #149
Badger38

Default mines had it too

Quote:
Hi can you supply a new remote my is a 3210a remote 10 disc in the boot and swivel type screens in the head rests which tip up and down ,thanks steve
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 22:34   #150
Citysi1974

Default 2007 SE Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybus View Post
Hi

Could you give me a price for a RSE for a 2007 XC90 SE Sport?

Many thanks
x2, PM a price please.
Closed Thread