Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 2.0D - LIMP Mode

Views : 1417

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 19:57   #1
hadleighboy

Default C70 2.0D - LIMP Mode

Hi All

I have a 2009 on a 58 plate C70 with 33,000 on the clock and the car has gone in Limp mode. This did happen previously BUT lasted only 1 days. This has now been like this for a while now.
I have been told the cars Particular filter is blocked and needs regeneration?

The strange think is the Limp mode came on when we had a hot day on both occasions. The first time following a trip of 180 miles.

I does seem strange why the filter has become blocked.

Your thoughts about this issue would be great. The car was serviced 8 months ago

Cheers for reading
hadleighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 20:35   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

First thing to do is have the codes read, with the car going into limp mode then their will be stored codes.

Once we know the codes then people can point you in the right direction to solve your problem, until then it would just be guessing. Although you are not ffar off the service where the Eolys fluid would require a re-fill. It may be that your EOLYS fluid has ran out. Again codes will point in the right direction.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 20:45   #3
hadleighboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
First thing to do is have the codes read, with the car going into limp mode then their will be stored codes.

Once we know the codes then people can point you in the right direction to solve your problem, until then it would just be guessing. Although you are not ffar off the service where the Eolys fluid would require a re-fill. It may be that your EOLYS fluid has ran out. Again codes will point in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply, I am having the car looked at tomorrow as One garage advised the codes indicate the filter is blocked (both sides) but unable to carryout a regeneration, been given another person who can carryout the work. The Guy is charging £75 to carryout the regeneration but said this may not cure the problem?
Fingers Crossed for tomorrow, I did not think Volvo diesels are like this only had the car 8 months....
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 14:51   #4
hadleighboy

Update

The reading is giving a DPF temprature sensor fault and the technician is unable to regenerate the DPF.....
Has anyone else had this issue and have an in idea of the cost for a new sensor or is it faulty?
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 21:35   #5
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Have you got the code/codes to be able to post up?

Perhaps one of the Volvo technicians will post up with a rough cost, in the mean time I'd give Rufe a call at FRF Motors (Volvo Dealer Swansea). Quote discount code 'C3' for best price for forum members.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 22:53   #6
hadleighboy

Update,

Car now out of limp mode and no faults.
DPF Sensor has been replaced at a cost of £90 for the sensor (don't get much for your money) but its great to get the car back to normal and the car did not need the DPF regenerated.

Cheers