Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Newbie S40 T5 help

Views : 1615

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2006, 13:16   #11
Northview

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritters View Post
I had to laugh the other day, i was looking on the Audi website at the new S3 (maybe in a few years lol) and you have to opt (=pay) for cruise control on it. It was only a few hundred quid but you would expect to have that on a £27k+ car!
I'd have to agree with that. My previous car was an Audi A3 2.0TDI Sport - great car, but when it came to replacing it, I was very disappointed at the cost of options. Unless you opt for the standard spec (which in some respects is pretty unimpressive), you end up pushing the price up to a ridiculous degree. The Volvo doesn't hold it's value like the Audi (Audi's residuals are bomb-proof), but you seem to get more for your money.

I was able to take an S40 2.0D SE away for unaccompanied test drive without any problems. In fact it was pretty much the first thing the salesman suggested. I picked it up on a hot, sunny saturday morning in May, and I didn't return it until mid-afternoon. I got the impression they'd have been happy for me to keep it for the whole day if I'd wanted. Much better than having a salesman wittering on to you as you drive around the block!
Northview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 23:15   #12
mortyst222

Ive got the Focus ST with the fab volvo engine in there...I would have gone for the V50 but the wife wasn't overly keen.

Any way on our trip computer you have to reset the average mpg to get a true reading on a long journey and last time I was out on a good run I actually saw 45mpg but did go down to 42mpg, around town im getting around 24-27mpg.

Also ive got the ST2 spec so have has standard the xenons, sony stereo with mp3(although changed to 6cd) and aux input. I also have the vis pack which includes auto lights and wipers.

Darren

I also heard the s40/v50 is based on the focus? unsure if this is true.
mortyst222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 23:43   #13
fritters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortyst222 View Post
last time I was out on a good run I actually saw 45mpg but did go down to 42mpg

45mpg. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 12:06   #14
Marmoset

The platform was developed jointly by Ford/Volvo/Mazda for use under the C30/S40/V50, Focus and Mazda 3.
Marmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 00:42   #15
mortyst222

I am ashamed Fritters, but wife and the young one was in the car so was doing the old mr magoo driving.....I was doing roughly 60/65mph.

Darren
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 22:08   #16
fritters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortyst222 View Post
I am ashamed Fritters, but wife and the young one was in the car so was doing the old mr magoo driving.....I was doing roughly 60/65mph.

Darren

Fair enough then. As long as you made up for it on the next solo run!
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 16:48   #17
mortyst222

Always do