Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

headlamp relay and fuse

Views : 5765

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2015, 13:17   #1
Bev139

Default headlamp relay and fuse

can anyone please tel me where to locate the fuse and relay for the left hand headlamp have looked in both fuse boxes and in handbook but can not find where fuse and relay is located. Many thanks
Bev139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2015, 14:15   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev139 View Post
can anyone please tel me where to locate the fuse and relay for the left hand headlamp have looked in both fuse boxes and in handbook but can not find where fuse and relay is located. Many thanks
Some details of the year and model of car would be helpful. Also posting on the relevant forum for that model will get more replies than on the general forum.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2015, 14:49   #3
Bev139

Unhappy

sorry its a volv0 v40 2003
Bev139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2015, 12:17   #4
gatos
Premier Member

The fuse is in the engine bay fusebox. Remove the top cover and you will see on the inside of it the diagram of what fuse is for what.

The relay for the headlight is inside the CEM module. The CEM is a grey box, located on the right hand side of the driver's footwell, behind the footwell cover. There is one relay for each light. There is a very popular thread of how to replace the relay: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67584

If you check the fuses and they are ok, then you will need to establish if it is the relay inside the CEM. TO do this, remove the H7 bulb from ints connector and measure the voltage with a multimeter. You should be getting something around 12V. Then put the bulb back on and measure the voltage again. If you get a reading of 0V, then it is the CEM relay that is faulty. You can either get a replacement CEM for around £35-£50 or get a relay for a couple of quid and solder it on.

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 14:08   #5
esehades

Hi Gatos, i see you are an expert in Volvo.

I have a problem with my lights, all of them now including the indicator in the light swich are off, im afraid fuse problem. Where should i find it? is any fuse powering the CEM?

Thanks
esehades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 14:32   #6
ThomasG
Aka MadBabs

And again..

Model, year.. Would be helpful..
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 16:33   #7
esehades

Oh, sorry

My Volvo is V40 1.9 di 115 hp from 2004.

Both bulbs H7 for low beam were burned and i don´t know what i did that suddenly all lights are off... even the switch, let´s see what will be now...

I just bought couple of H7 Osram Nightbreaker.
esehades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 23:06   #8
Barks

Default LED Heamdlamp

Hi, could anyone help me please. I have a 2017 V40 and the led driver side head light and indicator has stopped working. Will this be a warranty repair or any ideas what it could be, checked the connection and that is ok
Barks is offline   Reply With Quote