Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Performance 940 turbo .

Views : 2646

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 21:42   #11
wagonracer
Jap car killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Nice looking build. I've not come across the R sport K cam before only the normal K cam, is there a difference?

Do you plan on changing the turbo to hit the 400BHP mark?
You've caught me out tbh , I've just copied and pasted my spec for the average joe I done for a show , it's a ordinary k cam , I'm not sure what it was out of originally ,740 b23e, marine or they did offer it for b19 sport as a 'r sport' part I think .

I plan on changing a lot for 400 , turbo I can brake 300 wheel with this one but not much more , new inlet , turbo , injectors , maf , ect ect .
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 21:50   #12
wagonracer
Jap car killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
Nice build there and nice power too .whats the whp mate .iv got a slightly modded 940 too .we will have to meet up in the new season .
Thanks , I've seen some of yours , you got a project thread link ?
it done 293 wheel , I actually used Courtney's (vauxhall) dyno there dyno is set to correct low for engine figures , the bloke did explain why to me but I was too busy being excited , should have listened :/ . I want to do over 300 wheel with this turbo/lh2.4 ect gonna try adjust a few things and go back .

Really wanna have a rwd volvo power meet next year , discuss ideas
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 22:56   #13
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
Thanks , I've seen some of yours , you got a project thread link ?
it done 293 wheel , I actually used Courtney's (vauxhall) dyno there dyno is set to correct low for engine figures , the bloke did explain why to me but I was too busy being excited , should have listened :/ . I want to do over 300 wheel with this turbo/lh2.4 ect gonna try adjust a few things and go back .

Really wanna have a rwd volvo power meet next year , discuss ideas
We will defo meet up but I won't have anything like the power you have .the are some pics in the 900 series under interesting car opinions .we will have to put them together on a drag strip next year to see how 140 whp does against you 300 bhp lol.have you ever raced it .mine is more for looks than speed but I will have ago and watch you disappear infront of me lol

Last edited by smithy; Dec 6th, 2013 at 23:08.
smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 23:39   #14
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
You've caught me out tbh , I've just copied and pasted my spec for the average joe I done for a show , it's a ordinary k cam , I'm not sure what it was out of originally ,740 b23e, marine or they did offer it for b19 sport as a 'r sport' part I think .

I plan on changing a lot for 400 , turbo I can brake 300 wheel with this one but not much more , new inlet , turbo , injectors , maf , ect ect .

The k cam is standard fit to most 240 GLT's, the early GLT's and the GT's got the slightly hotter H cam

Will you be going to the BKV by any chance in the summer?
classicswede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 09:09   #15
wagonracer
Jap car killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
The k cam is standard fit to most 240 GLT's, the early GLT's and the GT's got the slightly hotter H cam

Will you be going to the BKV by any chance in the summer?
Ah thanks for that , I thought the were all H .
We are actually friends on Facebook I believe , we have talked about 531 heads before , not sure where to go next with it stay 8v or go 16v I kind of like the challenge of 8v .

Yeah I might go be nice to see what everyone else is doing .
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 09:26   #16
wagonracer
Jap car killer

Quote:
We will defo meet up but I won't have anything like the power you have .the are some pics in the 900 series under interesting car opinions .we will have to put them together on a drag strip next year to see how 140 whp does against you 300 bhp lol.have you ever raced it .mine is more for looks than speed but I will have ago and watch you disappear infront of me lol
Ha ha , I havn't raced it ... Yet , need to re-enforce or re-engineer the rear axle location , I know it can brake it

I'm trying to decide if I should modify the exterior , it's got s90 rears , sides and I've got some clear fronts to fit today . I've also got s90 skirts and number plate in fill and round door handles sat here but I'm just not sure if I should or pure sleeper is better ?
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 10:13   #17
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Ha ha , I havn't raced it ... Yet , need to re-enforce or re-engineer the rear axle location , I know it can brake it

I'm trying to decide if I should modify the exterior , it's got s90 rears , sides and I've got some clear fronts to fit today . I've also got s90 skirts and number plate in fill and round door handles sat here but I'm just not sure if I should or pure sleeper is better ?
Mine has the handles and rear off s90 and a 850 front bumper with splitter .im also whereing 18jn black Crome bbs rims with porche brakes too .as I say all for looks lol
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 11:08   #18
wagonracer
Jap car killer

Quote:
Mine has the handles and rear off s90 and a 850 front bumper with splitter .im also whereing 18jn black Crome bbs rims with porche brakes too .as I say all for looks lol
This your post ? http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=159270 can't load photos ? Dunno if it's just my phone , wouldn't mind a look as it's a saloon !

Last edited by wagonracer; Dec 7th, 2013 at 11:13.
wagonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 17:43   #19
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
This your post ? http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=159270 can't load photos ? Dunno if it's just my phone , wouldn't mind a look as it's a saloon !
Yes mate the latest pic of engine bay is in the 900 section like I said earlier.